TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks!

I want to change the clutch on my new-to-me 2006 TW225, and I'd appreciate some pointers.

I've been doing some research and I'm struggling to find any concrete information regarding what clutch kit I need. I'd like to change the frictions, steels, and upgrade to some stiffer springs. I know the TW225 shares engine parts from the TW200 models, and also the XT225 model. Is the bottom end (including clutch basket) all TW200?

What I want to know is will a clutch kit for a 2006 era TW200 fit my TW225? Or would a 2006 XT225 clutch kit be the one I'm after? I have found a clutch kit for a 2003 TW225, will that work, or did the clutch basket change in 2003?

Same question applies to the engine cover gasket that I want to replace when doing the job - TW200?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Hi folks!

I want to change the clutch on my new-to-me 2006 TW225, and I'd appreciate some pointers.

I've been doing some research and I'm struggling to find any concrete information regarding what clutch kit I need. I'd like to change the frictions, steels, and upgrade to some stiffer springs. I know the TW225 shares engine parts from the TW200 models, and also the XT225 model. Is the bottom end (including clutch basket) all TW200?

What I want to know is will a clutch kit for a 2006 era TW200 fit my TW225? Or would a 2006 XT225 clutch kit be the one I'm after? I have found a clutch kit for a 2003 TW225, will that work, or did the clutch basket change in 2003?

Same question applies to the engine cover gasket that I want to replace when doing the job - TW200?

Thanks for the help!
I'm not sure I follow you but it could just be a regional thing. We don't have any TW225 bikes here in the states so I suspect yours is a EU or Japan model if they do have TW225s. Normally I would just go to the Partzilla web sight and check the part numbers for both the TW200 and TW225 but the US partzilla site does not show your bike. Webbike Japan does show your bike and the clutch but does not show the clutch for the TW200 so I can't cross reference the parts. Barnett part number for the TW225 is BY0204KC

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
You can search by part numbers if you have them. There was no change to the clutch for the entire run (2002 – 2007). I’m trying to get hold of a set of details for the whole bike, but that could take up to a week from now

Parts from a TTR225 (Serrow) are more likely to fit than the XT225 – but the individual part numbers will tell the story on that ……

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help as always!

I've found an EBC kit (frictions, steels, and springs) for 2002-2003 TW225. It's on eBay here in the UK, which is a good start. If they haven't changed anything, this should fit!

As for the gasket, would I be safe in assuming the gasket from a TW200 would be correct?

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
are you changing the clutch because its gone or just want to upgrade it?

i have had many TW's over the last few years and when checking the plate thickness to the manual i found that they were all still good and the clutch just needed adjusting and setting properly and new springs, the ones mentioned above are good.

i have used the EBC kits too, but ive only normally had to change the springs

all the TW clutches are the same 200-225 all years, same as the side casing and engine gaskets, only difference is the metal head gasket as the 225 has a 71mm piston.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts