TW200 Forum banner

221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
WHERE DO WE SIGN UP TO COME RIDE WITH YOU?!?!?! Awesome trails!!!!

With a couple of 40 to 60 mile rides to get out to these trails per week the miles really add up...toss in a few Group Rides with you crazies like to Death Valley, Alabama Hills, Idaho, Moab, & the Sweetwaters plus a few solo trips like over Ebbetts Pass & misc Sierra single tracks and the 2,000 mile estimate seems realistic.
13 x 55 sprockets spinning a 26" ATV tire means the greater dynamic range imparted by the 6-speed and additional torque creates a trail focused machine; my comfortable top speed is still around 55 but I have hit 75 briefly downhill being chased by storm clouds.:p

Easy trail like this are usually done in 2nd or 3rd gears with only occasional dips into 1st gear.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Finished my swap and have a few hundred miles down so far. Other than a pretty beat donor motor, everything else went great. Happy with it and will be looking for another donor motor with low miles.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
13 x 55 w/ 26" Terracross TV tire.
First is mighty low and carries me up and over the nasties just fine but most trail work is done in second or third gear. As such I can occasionally find myself a gear too high when conditions deteriorate and either struggle in second or miss a downshift and end up in neutral loosing precious momentum.
On the other end of the speed spectrum using 6th is a newfound thrill.
Other day after I ripped off my foot peg had another 64 miles of road riding to get back to camp, mostly hi speed twisty back roads. I told the gang to go on ahead as I would take my time "safely" with foot atop engine cover. Well, the added power and dynamic range of the 6-speed 223cc motor allowed me to leave Betty Boop in either 5th or 6th and hang right with my 250cc riding companions. Occasionally I led. Fortunately very little shifting was required since moving foot from atop engine to gear lever and back was a little convoluted and time consuming.
Interestingly enough bike cornered very well flat out once I climbed the learning curve of managing things with my foot atop flywheel cover. You don't have to worry about scrapping a foot peg when leaned over if the peg is safely stored on the CycleRack. Maybe everyone should try removing their foot pegs for extreme canyon carving.:p

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
I must admit that I and most likely other users might be happier with less mountain goat gearing dropping the overall drive ratio a good 10% or more.
While coming off the La Sal mountain snowline this spring on a Group Ride I and some other cotton-clad riders had to beat feet back to camp to avoid a rain-squall blowing through. Pushing hard on a steep downhill likely with a tailwind I touched an indicated 75mph. While I backed off with the realization that my tire and gear weren't rated for those speeds I did realize that the countershaft extension on a bigger 6-speed really opens up the potential of our TWs.
As such geared up the TW could become safer & more competitive for those with highway commutes or longer distance cruising.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all thanks for all your patience and here's wishing you all a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving 2018 !!!

I'll be sending out emails and or PM's to those who had expressed interest and I've set aside a quantity to cover the first people interested - I should have those messages out by Thanksgiving eve

XT225 / TTR225 to TW200 Output Shaft Extensions now ready for mailing to the USA & Canada

I will guaranty these for fit and function and even performance under their intended use in adapting Yamaha XT225 and TTR225 motors for use in the Yamaha TW200 chassis - I'll replace the unit if it fails while the original purchaser owns the unit

Package includes the output shaft extension, (6) 8-32 x 1/4" allen head set screws and a sealed outboard bearing to replace the OEM bearing that was oiled by engine oil in the original configuration (I'm still waiting for the allen 8-32 set screws from Grainger while all other ebay sellers ship the same day Grainger still takes 2 weeks to do the simplest of tasks - All items should be ready to start mailing Monday November 26th)

You may need a drop or two of Permatex ThreadLock Blue for the allen head set screws - these only need to be snugged not massively torquedthey entire shaft is held captive by design so the retainer screws are a redundant feature

Total Price Delivered is $279 to USA & $299 to Canada
USA can pay via paypal friends & family option or by mailing US Postal money orders or Cash

Total Price Delivered is $279 USA & $299 Canada

Any Canadian orders already received I will honor my quoted shipping price and there are a few other Canadian forum members who I did send an initial special offer to and I will also honor those quoted prices through midnight November 30th 2018

Thanks and sorry for any confusion the revised Canada postage rates are basically starting December 1st 2018

View attachment 186450 View attachment 186510 View attachment 186512 View attachment 186514 View attachment 186516

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
I still have a small supply of Big Bore Countershaft Extensions available as of 2-29-2020
I also have a TTR225 motor 2003 I bought for my own conversion project and never used it, low original miles runs as new 100% compete with carb and stainless header pipe

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still have a small supply of Big Bore Countershaft Extensions available as of 2-29-2020
I also have a TTR225 motor 2003 I bought for my own conversion project and never used it, low original miles runs as new 100% compete with carb and stainless header pipe
Hi PlacerLode

I have an almost new TTR 225 that is going to sacrifice its motor for my 2011 TW,

Do you have any left for sale?

Thanks Eric Big House

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Eric, try giving PlacerLode a PM (personal message on this forum) to get his attention since he may not visit this post that often.

221 - 231 of 231 Posts