TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everyone!
been stalking the forums the last few months as a I work on a buddies TW225. Picked up this neglected, rusty TW in fall of last year. Stripped it, started buying new parts, and then welded up a new subframe, new tank, battery box, sump guard, saddle, new aluminum front fender, new tires, speedo and mount, headlamp, led tail light and turn signals, exhaust, intake, modified to a Brembo front brake, rebuilt the front fork and the list keeps going. but happy to see it finally come together with the best, WIRING left to last.

Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments on how ive butchered this tw. :anonymous:

subframe just got chopped and welded up on the frame
Photo 7-11-2017, 6 25 46 PM.jpg

cut a slot in the tail section of the subframe so i could slide in a brightASS LED strip for the brake and integrated signals
Photo 7-11-2017, 7 45 12 PM.jpg

tank mounted, painted swingarm, subframe and seat pan
Photo 8-11-2017, 7 48 17 PM.jpg

machined T6 aluminum gas cap
Photo 8-12-2017, 8 42 01 PM.jpg

made a little extension tube out of SS for the intake
Photo 8-12-2017, 8 51 43 PM.jpg

modified the top triple tree, cut off the key hole, refinished it and machined a mount for a motogadget speedo
Photo 29-11-2017, 5 35 10 PM.jpg

nice motone buttons for the signals and start with internal wiring
Photo 16-1-2018, 8 02 55 PM.jpg

here's the mock up of the sump guard
Photo 8-12-2017, 9 16 53 PM.jpg

Attachments

Registered
(First post, complete newbie! )

Hey @Psychomotor!

Are you a gweilo or a local? HK Island based, or Kowloon / NT?

I鈥檝e just purchased my very first bike, and am in Happy Valley. Would love a local buddy to help me with fundamental (read 鈥渄umb鈥) questions, in particular Motogadget installation... Would you be up for it?

Cheers,

Andy

Registered
HK represent! (not from there but have family over by the Prince Edward station)

Really curious, where do you guys ride? I imagine riding over to the south side of the Island or over to Sai Kung must be nice and chill.

edit pretty bike also!

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum!! :D
(First post, complete newbie! )

Hey @Psychomotor!

Are you a gweilo or a local? HK Island based, or Kowloon / NT?

I鈥檝e just purchased my very first bike, and am in Happy Valley. Would love a local buddy to help me with fundamental (read 鈥渄umb鈥) questions, in particular Motogadget installation... Would you be up for it?

Cheers,

Andy

Registered
HK represent! (not from there but have family over by the Prince Edward station)

Really curious, where do you guys ride? I imagine riding over to the south side of the Island or over to Sai Kung must be nice and chill.

edit pretty bike also!
I only passed my test last Friday, ha ha ha! So ride nowhere special yet! Looking forward to the Shek O road, and Wai Kung like you suggest.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
thats awesome, im just around the corner in tai kok tsui.

there's a few good roads in hk, mostly kowloon side. but the biggest problem is all the fun is over in 45 minutes, unless you get stuck in traffic, that's fuckin terrific!

Registered
Sorry for late reply! The Eurasians are the best lookers, so be proud!

Haven鈥檛 yet gone for a new meter, but am leaning towards the Motoscope Pro. PAM near MegaBox have it, at a relatively globally competitive price, and the mechanic there says he can fit it for about hk$ 800 if I get stuck myself.

Did you get the revs working on the Motoscope Mini?

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for late reply! The Eurasians are the best lookers, so be proud!

Haven鈥檛 yet gone for a new meter, but am leaning towards the Motoscope Pro. PAM near MegaBox have it, at a relatively globally competitive price, and the mechanic there says he can fit it for about hk$ 800 if I get stuck myself.

Did you get the revs working on the Motoscope Mini?
nope, afaik there's no signal for the tach on the tw. unless someone can shed some light as to which cable from the cdi. as for now it's simply using a magnet to get the speedo working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts