TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I understand it, the TW225 has a few differences to its smaller cousin — a larger rear brake drum, and a slightly longer swinging arm, which would suggest a longer chain.

Does anyone here have definitive specs on these bikes — user manuals etc — beyond the above, I can find very little about them on the internet.

While we’re here — how does the decompression lever work on these ? — eg, how is it activated ?

Right now, these bikes seem to be a “dark art” — anyone care to shed some light ? ……….

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
As I understand it, the TW225 has a few differences to its smaller cousin — a larger rear brake drum, and a slightly longer swinging arm, which would suggest a longer chain.

Does anyone here have definitive specs on these bikes — user manuals etc — beyond the above, I can find very little about them on the internet.

While we’re here — how does the decompression lever work on these ? — eg, how is it activated ?

Right now, these bikes seem to be a “dark art” — anyone care to shed some light ? ……….
Yes, the rear drum brake is bigger (130 mm, instead of 110 mm).
But the rear swing arm isn't longer. The wheel base is the same. I have a 225 brochure.

No, I don't have a manual, but I have the parts catalogs.

The 225 doesn't have a decompression lever.
No one needs it.
I've converted mine to 250 cc and I never missed it.

Take a look on this site:
TW Datenbank - Typenkatalog
I know, it's in German, but you'll don't need German skills to surf on the site.

Regards,
Sebastian

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
According to this Sebastian is correct. You will have to hit translate to read it...Sebastian won't. :D

It appears to be pretty thorough, even if it is wiki. Perhaps there is so little on the bikes because they were made for just a few years?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_TW
If I have some free time, I'll do a translation ;)
But free time is something rare.
-->> I have to stand up in 4h 30min -> 5:45 a.m. :(

The 225 was build from 2002 till 2007.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
TW 225 is beginning to look like no big deal other than some cosmetic stuff -- round head light and paint scheme etc.

Transmission seem identical to the TW200
Sebas Bro.jpg PDF Trans.jpg

The only real difference I see is the 70mm bore (vs. 67 for TW200) and the 58mm stroke (vs. 55.7mm). You can upgrade your TW200 to a TW225 for a lot less than a TW225 costs.

·
Super Moderator
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, the rear drum brake is bigger (130 mm, instead of 110 mm).
But the rear swing arm isn't longer. The wheel base is the same. I have a 225 brochure.

No, I don't have a manual, but I have the parts catalogs.

The 225 doesn't have a decompression lever.
No one needs it.
I've converted mine to 250 cc and I never missed it.

Take a look on this site:
TW Datenbank - Typenkatalog
I know, it's in German, but you'll don't need German skills to surf on the site.

Regards,
Sebastian
Thanks Sebastian

Regarding the decompression lever - I was looking at the TW225 Special Edition, and assuming the changes for that model were purely cosmetic - maybe my eyes are getting old.

0353-11.jpg

This is the picture of the Special Edition that started it off (I'm currently trying to get this one imported from Japan).

If there are changes between the TW225 and the TW225 SE - then it is the TW225 SE that I need to know about

·
Registered
587 Posts
Humm always thought the 225 was a 6speed, guess these ads, etc are scammers, dipshits LOL Wish Yamaha would give some info out easily tho wtf yammy. 25 extra cc isn't very much in end. The special edition looks kool tho :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts