TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering building a 225cc engine for my TW. As I understand it, I can just swap the crank, cylinder and piston. Will I also need to use the 225 clutch? Will I need to open up the cases to accept the 225 cylinder? Anything else I'm missing?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You don't really need a 225 cylinder, you can also use a 225 sleeve in your 200 cylinder.

You can keep your clutch. 5 disks are good for 225ccm.

- 225 crank

- 225 piston (70mm is std, available up to 73mm)

- 225 cylinder or sleeve

- gaskets (foot and head is minimum)

- bigger case opening

->> finished.

And don't forget to rejet the carb.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank ya sir, I've read everything I could find on the conversion, but just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed anything.

·
Registered
493 Posts
With a 225 can you run better than a 47 rear and not lose too much everywhere? That would be the biggest benefit I can see.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, one more question, Which timing chain. Will the TW chain work or should I get one for a 225?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Sorry, one more question, Which timing chain. Will the TW chain work or should I get one for a 225?

Yes Tw timing chain is the same as the TTR225. There is a small mod between the TW head and the TTR cylinder that will need to be done. I dont have pics but you can pm me and I can walk you through it. My TW226 I used the TW clutch with barnett parts and it has worked fine for years. Same clutch for the Iron Butt!

Ronnydog

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, PM sent.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'd buy one for that, but shipping to the U.S.A would probably be a deal killer. Now I think I'll find out what it woud cost to get one here......

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
The ttr225 crank and stock rod will stroke the TW.

ronnydog
expressing my ignorance; what's the difference in performance, reliability and mpg stroking the motor vs. larger bore with the t-dub?

mpg would be the same for any given displacement correct?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts