TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
That's pretty bad ass (and not the kind like the content of that "viewer discretion" thread lol)!

I really like the idea of engineering things to suit your own fancies, be it a big bore kit, supermoto conversion, padded seat and wind screen, or this. All good fun! Indeed, the sign of a man (or woman) who knows what he wants in life haha!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I wonder what the seat height is on that 650 now?

I wrote to Yamaha last year and told them that I love my TW200 but a TW400 would be my dream bike. They said they have no plans to make anything like that. Once I saw the new Ducati Scrambler I thought it might be a good candidate for a larger bike but I was afraid I would miss the fat tires and, I really don't want the weight of an 800cc off road.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I wonder what the seat height is on that 650 now?

I wrote to Yamaha last year and told them that I love my TW200 but a TW400 would be my dream bike. They said they have no plans to make anything like that. Once I saw the new Ducati Scrambler I thought it might be a good candidate for a larger bike but I was afraid I would miss the fat tires and, I really don't want the weight of an 800cc off road.
Well, both the TW and Scrambler use a 180 section rear tire. As for the weight, the Scrambler really is not bad at all, considering what it is (an 800CC Ducati!). If you're into any hardcore off road, then you probably don't want the Scrambler, but for mild to somewhat moderate off road use, it should perform just fine. In fact, I'm sure there are some dirt hills that a stock TW couldn't make it up, that a Scrambler would, just because of the power difference. But anyway, yes, in spite of it being a reasonable weight for what it IS, it still is very heavy relative to any "real" off road bike. Interestingly enough though, the Scrambler is actually nine pounds lighter than Kawasaki's KLR 650 dual sport. Go figure...

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Riding something like that on the road takes discipline. It would be very easy to smoke the tires' speed ratings.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Gee, I consider my TW to be a hooligan bike. I can sneak up quietly, get away at pretty good clip, tear up some dirt and raise H*** What more do you want?

Well, a super moto would be kinda nice.... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts