TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
See that someone is happy that spring melt-out riding conditions have finally arrived.
Fun with waterbars! I enjoy them so much more with the gentle landings afforded by Gerry's plush long travel suspension he built into the Mr.Gizmo bike. Nibbler, a.k.a. MrGizmo, is coming to Moab next week as a loaner/spare so feel free to borrow it and hop over some obstacles. Same for Betty Boop, she may be borrowed to sample the 6-speed 223cc TerraCross experience.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Ever notice how many prolific prey species whether they be rabbits, deer, elk, etc all flash an attention getting white tail when threats or predators are around? It is as if Mother Nature evolved them to say "Here I am, if you can catch me you can eat me"

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Cool vid, Mr. Admiral...wish I could join you for a ride up there!

Elk question: I've seen them from a distance but not up close.
Are they aggressive at all, if you get "too close", or do they just flee like deer?

I'm lucky to live in a creek & canyons environment where we have a good variety of wild critters, including many Mule Deer and a few Whitetails.
And many Pronghorn Antelope, way "out in the country".
But no Elk...

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
Any animal that is capable of defending its young will do so. Large Deer (in Richmond Park UK) during the rutting season will attack with little provocation – I used to take great delight in inviting close protection teams to take close ups when the stags were in heat

The average bear would rather run off than get involved – though there are exceptions – get in-between that bear and her cubs, and you’ve got a whole can of whoop-ass

Depends on the size, and on the motivation – if it looks pissed, get ready to run ……

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool vid, Mr. Admiral...wish I could join you for a ride up there!

Elk question: I've seen them from a distance but not up close.
Are they aggressive at all, if you get "too close", or do they just flee like deer?

I'm lucky to live in a creek & canyons environment where we have a good variety of wild critters, including many Mule Deer and a few Whitetails.
And many Pronghorn Antelope, way "out in the country".
But no Elk...
Normally, they flee just like deer. Too quickly I might add when I've been hunting. However, as Purple mentions, anything is possible. The Elk are much more majestic than deer though. Particularly in the fall when the bull elk will start to bugle during or just prior to the rut.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
DUDE, you caught mega air!

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Vid as usual.....whats the story with the nearly washed out trail at about the 1:57 mark? burn scar erosion?
Thanks for watching. I assume storm erosion of a out of service logging rd. The whole road was washed out about 1/4 mile further but it lacked camera appeal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts