TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TWilight should be picking up his new BW350 today and as fate would have it I picked mine up too!

The rear wheel / tire / swingarm with the OEM 25" x 12" x 9" tire is a tight fit even with a well worn tire like mine

With a swingarm extension there will be plenty of room for the TW wheel with ATV tire

BW350's have a lot more power than I'm used to with a TW and I think it will turn the bigger tires nicely
SAM_5669.JPG SAM_5666.JPG SAM_5667.JPG

·
Registered
21,594 Posts
Very nice but absolutely no room for warm apple pie between tire and swing arm. TWilight's BuzzSaw tire installation will need more clearance but will rock upon completion.
New trailer too? I recently was impressed with one like that for sale around Grass Valley,CA.

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
Stick a twin disc set-up on the front - and you'll be good to go

Much as I'd hate to basterdise anything so unique - has anyone ever taken the engine out of one of these and shoved it into a TW ?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trailer is a Kendon single Stand Up very light and durable and tows like it's on rails

If the BW350 motor could fit in a TW chassis it would be sweet

The TW350 conversion wouldn't harm the rather rare BW350 other than the extended swing arm the BW would remain the same and if it works I'm not sure anybody would want to switch back to the beach ball tires lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
"TW350" ... Does that imply a TW front end? I've never seen one of these, so have no idea if that would even be possible,or feasible.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"TW350" ... Does that imply a TW front end? I've never seen one of these, so have no idea if that would even be possible,or feasible.
lol well this is Dr Franken-TWlights idea but I think it's a great one he is on the road driving back from SOcal today but hopefully he will chime in

The simplest answer is the TW350 is BW350 with TW200 REAR wheels with ATV tires on the front & rear of the BW350 chassis

The idea is a strictly off road TW with monster power and low off road Moab SlickRock crawling gearing :)

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
I have to know....

Does this"It's Like Warm Apple Pie" include a nice scoop of Vanilla ice cream?

:p

·
Registered
557 Posts
Jag, there is one for sale...right now...in Alaska...for $ 2300.00

It is in Wasilla, so it may belong to one of the Sarah Palin clan.....really.

But it is still for sale. I was "almost" tempted to drive up to Alaska to get that one, BUT....I was afraid....afraid I say....of running into Momma Bear Sarah Palin.
Interesting, it is not showing up on CL or on Bike Finds.
Maybe they are selling to raise bail money?
Still out of my price range but much better.
There were a pair of BW200's listed a couple weeks ago, both for $2,000.
I tried to find someone to go in with me to buy them but they sold before I found anyone with money...
I don't think they lasted more than a day or two.

Anyhow, I like your plan for a BW/TW but it sure seems like the BW 350 would be a prime candidate for a trailer wheel conversion.
Then you wouldn't need to shave the ATV tires to fit the rims.
That said, I always like spokes better on a bike...

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
A word of caution to all who dare read this thread don't listen to TWilight unless you want to have BW's suddenly following you home !!!

One day he showed me a pair of BW200's in Tenino that were nice survivors for a very reasonable price and they followed me home

I bought the BW350 in Tucson and TWilight called me a day later to tell me about a great deal in Tucson so even the ones I find he finds for me too lol

Sadly he told me about the fully restored pair of a BW350 & 200 that the gent would only let go as a pair and now they have decided to follow me home

SO I say, fair warning if you listen to TWilight you are going to run short of storage space :)

If you hear TWlight talk about a BW put a finger in each ear, close your eyes and repeat after me LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ............................................................................

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks Twilight, I searched again on CL and it did show up this time.

Interesting, very interesting...

It sure sounds like it is worth the money with the extras on it and all.
Still out of my budget though. :(

I bought a bench top lathe (9x20) last week on CL and that blew my fun money for a while.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Placerlode, are you saying you bought those two BWs in Las Vegas ? That guy wanted $ 8500.00 for that pair. :eek:

I called him too, and he would NOT sell the BW350 alone. Wanted to sing me the same song & dance that e posted i his ad...my wife is disaboled, and can't ride any more...pleasefeel sorry for me. I had to interupt and ask...will you sell tnat BW350 alone.

NO !

But I will say that they are extremely rebuilt/refurbished...every nut and bolt. Al new paint, etc. Look great.

But how on earth are you ever going to sell those to recoup your investment ?

\
TWilight, YES those are the bikes and YES $8500 is not a give away lol (I may need a loan ol buddy )

Yah know I don't sell everything TWilight you reminded me of an old flame who saw me selling the 70 Challenger R/T we had met in and she asked if I would sell her too! I said of course not while I pondered what I could get for her if anything lol (just kidding she and the car were great girls!!!)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts