TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

TWilights BW350 MisFit Misadventure "AKA TW350" Build

9K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  PlacerLode 
#1 · (Edited)
TWilight should be picking up his new BW350 today and as fate would have it I picked mine up too!

The rear wheel / tire / swingarm with the OEM 25" x 12" x 9" tire is a tight fit even with a well worn tire like mine

With a swingarm extension there will be plenty of room for the TW wheel with ATV tire

BW350's have a lot more power than I'm used to with a TW and I think it will turn the bigger tires nicely
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive tire
Tire Vehicle Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Auto part

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice but absolutely no room for warm apple pie between tire and swing arm. TWilight's BuzzSaw tire installation will need more clearance but will rock upon completion.
New trailer too? I recently was impressed with one like that for sale around Grass Valley,CA.

#4 ·
The trailer is a Kendon single Stand Up very light and durable and tows like it's on rails

If the BW350 motor could fit in a TW chassis it would be sweet

The TW350 conversion wouldn't harm the rather rare BW350 other than the extended swing arm the BW would remain the same and if it works I'm not sure anybody would want to switch back to the beach ball tires lol

#6 ·
lol well this is Dr Franken-TWlights idea but I think it's a great one he is on the road driving back from SOcal today but hopefully he will chime in

The simplest answer is the TW350 is BW350 with TW200 REAR wheels with ATV tires on the front & rear of the BW350 chassis

The idea is a strictly off road TW with monster power and low off road Moab SlickRock crawling gearing :)

#10 ·
I have to know....

Does this"It's Like Warm Apple Pie" include a nice scoop of Vanilla ice cream?

:p

This post has been deleted
#18 · (Edited)
A word of caution to all who dare read this thread don't listen to TWilight unless you want to have BW's suddenly following you home !!!

One day he showed me a pair of BW200's in Tenino that were nice survivors for a very reasonable price and they followed me home

I bought the BW350 in Tucson and TWilight called me a day later to tell me about a great deal in Tucson so even the ones I find he finds for me too lol

Sadly he told me about the fully restored pair of a BW350 & 200 that the gent would only let go as a pair and now they have decided to follow me home

SO I say, fair warning if you listen to TWilight you are going to run short of storage space :)

If you hear TWlight talk about a BW put a finger in each ear, close your eyes and repeat after me LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ............................................................................

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
Placerlode, are you saying you bought those two BWs in Las Vegas ? That guy wanted $ 8500.00 for that pair. :eek:

I called him too, and he would NOT sell the BW350 alone. Wanted to sing me the same song & dance that e posted i his ad...my wife is disaboled, and can't ride any more...pleasefeel sorry for me. I had to interupt and ask...will you sell tnat BW350 alone.

NO !

But I will say that they are extremely rebuilt/refurbished...every nut and bolt. Al new paint, etc. Look great.

But how on earth are you ever going to sell those to recoup your investment ?

\
TWilight, YES those are the bikes and YES $8500 is not a give away lol (I may need a loan ol buddy )

Yah know I don't sell everything TWilight you reminded me of an old flame who saw me selling the 70 Challenger R/T we had met in and she asked if I would sell her too! I said of course not while I pondered what I could get for her if anything lol (just kidding she and the car were great girls!!!)

#19 ·
Thanks Twilight, I searched again on CL and it did show up this time.

Interesting, very interesting...

It sure sounds like it is worth the money with the extras on it and all.
Still out of my budget though. :(

I bought a bench top lathe (9x20) last week on CL and that blew my fun money for a while.

#24 ·
Kudos on a worthwhile project. I used a "Fatcat" when I worked for the Forest Service. Quite awesome experience. Sure would be nice to maintain
some level of street legal so as to preserve access to far more trails. Back in the day the limitation was tires, maybe not so anymore. I did notice a need for additional cooling
when slogging about on slow trails with an air cooled unit. A fan driven oil cooler solves that problem. Don't forget BWs share many things with the TW including the infamous charging/ignition system of 1987. Carry a spare CDI if you have an 87. With all these drugs i b on these days, it could have been a dream but I swear I saw something about one of the big manufacturers was coming out with a fat tire trail bike. Can't seem to find it now.

#27 ·
Yes the guy did a great job restoring these and they were super low hour primos before he went through everything. He had numerous offers on the 200 and tons of interest in the 350 but he wanted to sell the pair together and nobody (but me) wanted both. I was able to strike a deal well below his asking price by taking the pair and I suspect a nice BW200 will be for sale soon lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.