TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 92 TW this spring and it needed a lot of work . I have put a lot of time and learned a lot from my mistakes, but have done all the work myself. It is not a show stopper but runs good, I think. Any ways I would like to meet up with someone who knows these bikes pretty well and can take it for a spin and let me know if it sounds ok. pretty noisy on the top end. I have only driven a different TW about 18 years ago and would like to test out a newer one with a disc brake, if someone wouldn't mind letting me try theirs. image.jpg image.jpg
I live in Fridley and will meet up wherever is convenient. Thank you, Rob

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm from west central MN, and have a 2005 TW that I rode up north and to Hayward, WI from here. I have over 20,000 miles on the bike now. The little TW is capable of everything except high speeds.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cabin is between Webster and Spooner, WI. PM me next time you are headed that way I'm assuming you go right past there. It sounds like you know what a TW should sound and feel like when running properly. I keep mine under 60 except for about 3 miles of freeway to cross the river on my way to work, even then I don't go much over 65.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice TW riding out here on the MN prairie, lots of roads , very few cars , no stoplites, you can see the ditchrats miles away before they can cause problems.better riding here than up north, at least I like it better.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I purchased a 92 TW this spring and it needed a lot of work . I have put a lot of time and learned a lot from my mistakes, but have done all the work myself. It is not a show stopper but runs good, I think. Any ways I would like to meet up with someone who knows these bikes pretty well and can take it for a spin and let me know if it sounds ok. pretty noisy on the top end. I have only driven a different TW about 18 years ago and would like to test out a newer one with a disc brake, if someone wouldn't mind letting me try theirs. View attachment 10226 View attachment 10227
I live in Fridley and will meet up wherever is convenient. Thank you, Rob
Nice job.
I like the little blue tool bag on the rear fender pad.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
My ITs had black ones. I thought I'd kept one. Looked for it to put on my TW, couldn't find it. So I put the Ryobi bag on there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any of the later IT200-465 are on my bucket list I love the lighter blue. Preferably a plated 465 or a 490 if they made one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts