TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to experience my first twisties today. I did a 120 mile loop near the Lake Lure (near Asheville) area of western NC. The TW did great! .... but to me, these were a bit extreme for my first time. I had to take the curves at about 10mph on the way up.

Welcome to NC

Twisties (extreme)

Great scenery

·
Registered
103 Posts
North Carolina has a lot of great riding places. Have you gone to Chimney Rock? Try going on them with a '73 27' Dodge Travco motorhome! Those switchbacks are tough!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
North Carolina has a lot of great riding places. Have you gone to Chimney Rock? Try going on them with a '73 27' Dodge Travco motorhome! Those switchbacks are tough!

These photos were taken just a few miles from Chimney Rock. That's going to be my next ride ... Lake Lure, Chimney Rock and Bat Cave.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Without leaves on the tree's it looks cold even though the sun is out, but I suppose that can be deceiving. I always find that I can go up quicker than I go down. And that probably a good thing. Some of those twisties do indeed look pretty sharp. Thanks for sharing photo's of a "hardwood" forest. Can't wait for more!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts