TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Putting feeler out to sell my two TW200s. One brought new from dealer, other bought used. One I bought new has knobbies, and LED headlight upgrade. Price negotiable - paid 5k+ for new, 3k for used, put 2k+ into mods for each. 11k miles on dealer bike, 4k on used. Both bikes similar modifications:

15T front sprocket, larger jet, DO slip-on, KN high flo, Denali aux lights, Bridgestones, seat concepts upgrade, wide foot pegs, LED turn signal conversion w/ diodes and flasher relay, additional Chinese LED plate strip aux run/brake/turn, neoprene fork seal covers, black plastics w/ supermoto front fender/bracket, handlebars replaced - raised 1" shortened 2", handlebar crash guards, Skid Plate w Engine Guards, o-ring chain and new rear sprocket, Stebel air horn, Clarke 2.7g fuel tank. Double-take mirrors (not pictured) on both bikes - one enduro one adventure style.

Have 1 full kick-start kit uninstalled. Bikes are California plated / titled, currently in storage east coast near Roanoke VA - probably won't get them back to CA.. I often work near Atlanta GA also. German Shepherd not included.

***Will update photos and include both bikes together.

***Since some people seemed upset I didn't list the lowest price I'd sell the bikes for - it would be $8k for both.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Correction: checking the VIN and it lists them both as 2013.

One I bought new from dealer 11k miles - I had more fun than I remember on this bike! Last time I checked odometer was around 5k!
One I bought used 4k miles.

P.S.

I travel a lot so these bikes may make it back to CA, could do NC easily or TN, anywhere near VA really - also work frequently near Atlanta GA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Long time follower of TW's Thought I might finally get my feet wet!
I am interested in the used bike, (Can't spend a lot).
Live in SE Kentucky, If you travel in the area, maybe we can hook up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Correction: checking the VIN and it lists them both as 2013.

One I bought new from dealer 11k miles - I had more fun than I remember on this bike! Last time I checked odometer was around 5k!
One I bought used 4k miles.

P.S.

I travel a lot so these bikes may make it back to CA, could do NC easily or TN, anywhere near VA really - also work frequently near Atlanta GA.
For the time being I'm trying to keep the bikes together to sell as a pair.
Ok.
Let me know if anything changes!
Thanks, jitneyman

·
Registered
21,208 Posts
A word of caution before crossing border with or without the intent to re-sell in the US:
First the easy stuff: Stock exhaust must be installed according to many user's posts.
Please research current status but here is an example of the issues some face, this example is for a Honda but the process is the same:

"Edit: I'm editing my post because an import company has clarified some things that I must have misunderstood when I originally typed this. With regards to the FMVSS sticker and the EPA. They pointed out that the FMVSS sticker is actually for the DOT requirement, NOT the EPA.

Alright folks, got a quick update. I'm going to provide information in this thread in case someone finds it useful in the future. Please keep in mind, this information is specific to a motorcycle that was also offered for sale in the U.S., this does not necessarily cover the requirement for a model that the U.S. did not receive.

Based on my phone calls today I have learned that there are basically 3 parties that need to be satisfied to successfully import a motorcycle. The EPA, the NHSTA/DOT, and the Border Customs.

The NHSTA/DOT requirement seems fairly simple. If the motorcycle was offered or manufactured for sale in the U.S. then it probably complies, and the FMVSS sticker with the VIN tag near the steering head on the frame should verify that requirement. Keep in mind, this will be inspected by customs, so if the bike is modified then you could run in to trouble. If all seems good, there is a DOT form# HS-7 that you will complete and present to customs.

The EPA requirement could be a little more tricky. The FMVSS sticker does not satisfy their requirements. They will require 1 of 2 things, with a possible 3rd option which I am exploring. They will want: A letter from the manufacturer stating that the vehicle meets all of the federal requirements, OR documentation from a registered ICI company who is certified in EPA requirements (nearest one being California and costing around $2000 to certify). Along with one of those two requirements, the EPA form# 3520-1 must be completed and presented to customs. The 3rd option that I am exploring is bypassing options 1 and 2 if the vehicle has an EPA sticker already. I haven't had a chance to look at this bike yet, so I'm not sure if it has one, but supposedly some Canadian vehicles may have EPA stickers already.

Border customs will require the EPA and NHSTA forms to be presented, along with a bill of sale or proof of ownership. I still haven't spoken with customs yet to verify that there aren't any additional requirements beyond these, but I will update if I find more.

For my particular circumstances, I called Honda Powersports USA and they do have a process for providing a letter of compliance for the motorcycle. However, they also made it sound like they will only provide the letter to an existing owner, and not for "grey market" or sales."

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ended up finding one locally. So count me out but some cool bikes! Someone will be lucky!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know why it says I'm registered in Canada. The bikes are not crossing any borders and were bought in the USA.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well, makes sense as I'm in Montreal Canada, but I "registered" for the forum in the USA. The bikes are not from Canada, they were purchased in California - they're plated and titled in California. As previously mentioned they're currently in VA.

·
Registered
21,208 Posts
My experience is unfortunately most add-ons rarely reap more than 25 cents on the dollar in the secondary market.
Rare indeed is the potential buyer who would otherwise customize their bike, much less a pair, in exactly the same manner as someone else's creations. This seems to be the sad reality.
Some of the add-ons like the rare TCI skid plates can be sold individually likely for more than you paid for them if no one ever gets excited about further researching a pair with "negotiable" pricing. You could likely start a bidding war here right now on those TCI skid plates.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
8k for both bikes. Located near Roanoke VA.

2013 TW200s. One bought from dealership has 11k miles, one used has 4k miles. Both bikes similar mods: 15T front sprocket, larger jet, DO slip-on, KN high flo air filter, Denali aux lights, Bridgestones, seat concepts upgrade, wide foot pegs, LED conversion w/ diodes and flasher relay in the toolkit housing, Chinese LED aux run/brake/turn, neoprene fork seal covers, black plastics w/ supermoto front fender, pro taper handlebars, handlebar crash guards, double-take mirrors, engine guard, aluminum skid plate, o-ring chain. One bike has LED headlight, also have uninstalled kick-start kit. California title and registration (PNO).

tw2002.png image1 (2).JPG image2 (1).JPG IMG_2815.jpg tw2001.png tw200_work.png

1 - 20 of 29 Posts