TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have bad luck now with the “China” carbs. I got a a carb from Zoom Zoom for my brothers 94. Runs great no issues with that one. The first one I got for my 2003 had a terrible low speed dead spot. Could not adjust it out. Got a second one and it leaks fuel out all the time out the vent. Tried the normal float check and adjust to no avail. No debris in float needle. Zoom zoom has been great and sent the second one out right away. I’ll See what they say about the second one. Frustrating. I’ve had a lot of china carbs before with very few issues. One has the TK stamping on it and the other doesn’t. Both seem to be from different suppliers. Maybe time for the pumper carb mod??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
I think I have bad luck now with the “China” carbs. I got a a carb from Zoom Zoom for my brothers 94. Runs great no issues with that one. The first one I got for my 2003 had a terrible low speed dead spot. Could not adjust it out. Got a second one and it leaks fuel out all the time out the vent. Tried the normal float check and adjust to no avail. No debris in float needle. Zoom zoom has been great and sent the second one out right away. I’ll See what they say about the second one. Frustrating. I’ve had a lot of china carbs before with very few issues. One has the TK stamping on it and the other doesn’t. Both seem to be from different suppliers. Maybe time for the pumper carb mod??

Try one more time. 3 strikes and you'r out!!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience.

This is why I order mine from Amazon. And I make sure they have the free 2-day delivery. Quick, easy return policy and I got the replacement in 2-days also. I’ve had 2 bad out of 7. One I returned because it had a midrange stumble and I wasn’t going to spend one second diagnosing a $35 carb. They sent a good working replacement and my bike was up and running in 2 days. The second “bad” one was simply not assembled properly and I happened to catch it before installation so no return was necessary. I always buy the cheapest one at the time I need it. So far it’s been different vendors each time. The last one was $25, so I ordered two and they both work fine.

Here is my thread for more detail...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing your experience.

This is why I order mine from Amazon. And I make sure they have the free 2-day delivery. Quick, easy return policy and I got the replacement in 2-days also. I’ve had 2 bad out of 7. One I returned because it had a midrange stumble and I wasn’t going to spend one second diagnosing a $35 carb. They sent a good working replacement and my bike was up and running in 2 days. The second “bad” one was simply not assembled properly and I happened to catch it before installation so no return was necessary. I always buy the cheapest one at the time I need it. So far it’s been different vendors each time. The last one was $25, so I ordered two and they both work fine.

Here is my thread for more detail...

Zoom zoom has been great to deal with. Two day shipping also. They sent me a return label for the two bad ones. They Will look at them and see what they think. They say they never have issues with the TW carbs. A 3rd will be sent out today or tomorrow they said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts