TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to a wedding in western Oregon and took our TW's. Spent 4 hours at the wedding and didn't take any pictures. Then we spent two days riding our TW's. Ain't that what weddings are for? haha
Nelson Mtn. Rd. covered bridge. It's called something different on the map but I'm using what was put on the actual bridge for a name. No real trails in the mountains out in these parts so we rode what was available.

A tunnel. One of two we rode through on the trip.

Another covered bridge with bonus train trestle. I think the covered bridge is called Wildcat but not sure.

Heceta Head Lighthouse

We had a good couple of days of riding.

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
You are on top of your game lately Kris with these rides and Video's. I meant to comment on the last one too, I wanted to take the time to acknowledge it and give it the credit it is due. You and Lori plugging along talking and laughing, having a great old time. I imagined you took me along, now whether you did or not is a whole notha story, ha ha. It was great though. Taking all of us forum members along for the ride, I mean, bro, that was really really well done, Genius. I knew it was going to be a good one, the moment the music started too!!! Yippee went my heart...

My other all time favorite "PINGgg.....PINGggg.....PINGggggg.........The Submarine"...

HA HA HA HA 🤣 (y)

❤❤❤❤❤ 5 out of 5 hearts on that one.

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Did you make it down to Florence and the Sand Dunes?

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How was Sea Lion Caves?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
We did not. We saw the signs but it was late in the day by the time we got to the lighthouse...which was closed because we were too late. We settled for the parking lot and pull out views. The park host where we stayed mentioned the seal caves too but we never got back up that way. We liked the area so much we will probably go back so the seal caves are on the list to visit next time in the area.
The tunnel and bridge were cool too.

But be careful of the grooved pavement inside the tunnel.

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you make it down to Florence and the Sand Dunes?
No, not exactly. Not on the TW's anyway. We did drive the pickup out to the OHV Dunes down by Reedsport. I don't think I'd do very good riding "ANY" bike in that deep, deep sand. ATV maybe. Mrs. Admiral was signaling "no effing way" she would ride this stuff other than on an ATV/UTV. She said it would look fun on 4-wheels. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice to get out of the smoke, eh? You lucky dogs....:p
The temperatures were extremely nice. Once the morning fog burned off, we had sunny sky's the whole time (except at the coast). We stayed inland about 15 miles and the temp was about 10-20 degrees warmer than the coast. It was cold at the cost.
...Then we had to come home through the heat and smoke. :(

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
No, not exactly. Not on the TW's anyway. We did drive the pickup out to the OHV Dunes down by Reedsport. I don't think I'd do very good riding "ANY" bike in that deep, deep sand. ATV maybe. Mrs. Admiral was signaling "no effing way" she would ride this stuff other than on an ATV/UTV. She said it would look fun on 4-wheels. :)
View attachment 216540
The sand is coarser around Florence and easier to ride. But she still would not like it.
You need to do a sand rail tour of the dunes.

·
Registered
411 Posts
As the Admiral noted, we didn’t take any pictures at the wedding, but it was absolutely beautiful.
We had a relaxing time with some fun roads to ride.
I would definitely like to get back there again for some more exploring……no intentions of ever riding the TW eating sand!!!
0B101F48-16D1-4B3F-AD67-002AA4CB980E.jpeg
FE82B756-215D-42D8-8F71-1AB75EE40A59.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can see them just fine.

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
I see two now. Were there more? Wow, beautiful!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
Is that a tiny tiny turtle I see looking at me, the one sitting on that little rock?

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is that a tiny tiny turtle I see looking at me, the one sitting on that little rock?
You been hitting the hard stuff? haha. Naw, if you see a turtle it's an optical illusion (or hallucination). :)

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 18" rim with Motoz Mtn. Hybrid tire did great on the pavement and gravel of the forest service roads. It remains to be seen what this tire will be like in sand and more technical trails but it did great on this trip.
I also bought a set of 10L Enduro Saddle Bags. My hope was to have a little extra room to carry stuff and these worked great. Never got in the way either from mounting/dismounting the TW or on the road. They kind of tuck in behind your leg out of the way. Very impressed.

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
You been hitting the hard stuff? haha. Naw, if you see a turtle it's an optical illusion (or hallucination). :)
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA I got you I got you. But I shouldn't have said anything.

You should have said, Why..Yes, Yes Sir'ee, tommy I believe you are right. That is a little tiny tiny turtle on that little rock. They'd be lookin all night bro!!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The 18" rim with Motoz Mtn. Hybrid tire did great on the pavement and gravel of the forest service roads. It remains to be seen what this tire will be like in sand and more technical trails but it did great on this trip.
I also bought a set of 10L Enduro Saddle Bags. My hope was to have a little extra room to carry stuff and these worked great. Never got in the way either from mounting/dismounting the TW or on the road. They kind of tuck in behind your leg out of the way. Very impressed.
View attachment 216551
How does the power feel with that skinny tire? Will it wheelie easier now?

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How does the power feel with that skinny tire? Will it wheelie easier now?
I don't feel any difference in power with the skinny. I think the main purpose of this type of mod similar to the trailer rim mod is it gives you a wider choice of tires should you desire to do that. I'd say for a vast majority of people the stock setup is just fine.
I suck at wheelies to begin with and haven't tried with this one. Of course, you mentioned it so I'll probably break my neck going out and trying to wheelie. I'll still suck at it though.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I would definitely like to get back there again for some more exploring……no intentions of ever riding the TW eating sand!!!
But Lori

does that not look fun!
OR

look at the view.

Reactions: admiral
1 - 20 of 20 Posts