TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Tw200
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a second set of wheels for my tdub, that way I can have one for street and light trails and one for heavy off road riding. I bought what was advertised as Tw200 wheels, but when i tried to install the rear wheel I found out the wheel hub and brake drum are different. My new wheel has a brake drum that is one piece with the hub and the drum diameter is 3/4" bigger than my stock wheel. Has anyone heard or seen this before? Ive attached pictures to show the difference.
20210603_175053.jpg

·
Registered
2001 Tw200
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like the TW125 has the same diameter brake drum as the 200 from what I've been able to find

·
Registered
2021 TW
262 Posts
Just because of being completely bored at the moment I looked on ebay at a 2001 and a 1987 TW 200 rear hub assembly. Neither look anything like the first photo.
Buellzebub says its from a tw 125 and I dont doubt him. Strange the hub doesnt have the yamaha marks in the casting and that yamaha would go to the expense and logistics of a differant size hub.

·
Registered
2001 Tw200
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just because of being completely bored at the moment I looked on ebay at a 2001 and a 1987 TW 200 rear hub assembly. Neither look anything like the first photo.
Buellzebub says its from a tw 125 and I dont doubt him. Strange the hub doesnt have the yamaha marks in the casting and that yamaha would go to the expense and logistics of a differant size hub.
If it changes anything the wheel with the weird hub is from Ukraine

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Ukraine is in Europe. The only TW sold in Europe was the TW125. The TW125 comes in two versions, one with the standard USA sized hub, and one with the larger hub – ask him if he’s got the brake to fit it, and yes, it will fit the swing arm …….

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If you get this worked out I would say the bigger brake drum would be a good thing !

Reactions: Willys714

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, get the brake AND both spacers and it will fit. I think I remember something about differences in length of brake actuating arm, but those fit from other bikes too.
Tw225 had this hub too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts