TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I spend the majority of my time two-up on the Tdub. While I know its not exactly the perfect bike for this use, we sure have a lot of fun on it. Now the most inconvenient part of it is the length of seat, with her on the back its keeps me seated up on the tank. And to say the least, as a man that is quite uncomfortable. Anyone ever seen a seat that was extended or a specific two-up seat for our bikes? Would the seat concepts kit help at all? TIA

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Having her sit further back with some form of custom lengthened seat pan will likely increase the load on rear crossmember support which is not that strong to begin with. Not saying it can't be done, just location of additional loading needs to be factored into the design. VanillaGorilla here used to offer 1/4" replacement crossmembers that could be replicated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey guys, I spend the majority of my time two-up on the Tdub. While I know its not exactly the perfect bike for this use, we sure have a lot of fun on it. Now the most inconvenient part of it is the length of seat, with her on the back its keeps me seated up on the tank. And to say the least, as a man that is quite uncomfortable. Anyone ever seen a seat that was extended or a specific two-up seat for our bikes? Would the seat concepts kit help at all? TIA
I do the same thing. 2-up 93% of the time. I have the regular Seat Concepts seat. My wife loves it. Like you say....I ride almost on the tank. I really can't tell any difference in the stock seat and the Concepts' seat in that area. They do (now) make a high rise seat that may take care of this situation.

I have also been checking on a seat on TW-Parts.com site. I have tried to figure the price. It looks like it will run $500-$600 depending on how the dollar looks that day. I contacted them on how to get it. They have it custom made by order. 2 weeks for their supplier. Then how ever long it take to get to the USA from Germany. Have a look and see what you think.
TW-Parts.com - Tuning-, Zubehör- und Ersatzteile für Yamaha TW125, 200 und 225
Click on the English flag. Go to "benches". Then the bottom of page 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts