TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2019 Tw200
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have some suggestions on helmet communication options? Currently have gmrs with ptt but the wires can become tangle and getting of the bikes sometimes forget about the button on the handle bar still being hooked up. Dont know anything about the Bluetooth devices. Our riding group is growing 5 or so. Any advice on options and brands will be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1989 TW200
72 Posts
We have Cardo units and they work well, but sometimes connecting at the beginning of the ride can be a hassle. Once connected they are fine. If someone drops out (stopping for a pee break or something) when they come back in range they can easily reconnect. Not sure why the 'beginning of the ride' connection is difficult. The new Mesh feature might be the answer.

· Premium Member
1,630 Posts
We have Cardo units and they work well, but sometimes connecting at the beginning of the ride can be a hassle. Once connected they are fine. If someone drops out (stopping for a pee break or something) when they come back in range they can easily reconnect. Not sure why the 'beginning of the ride' connection is difficult. The new Mesh feature might be the answer.
just FYI, mesh is not new. Its been around in the Packtalk series for about 5 years now. They are on to mesh gen 2 now in the packtalk edge….

The mesh network definitely does make pre ride setups easy. I use the app on my phone and i have setup a few profiles for my different riding groups. My riding friends have done the same and when we get together we just all connect to the appropriate group on our phones and everything just works. No having to do anything on the unit itself. When i ride with just my better half i just switch to that group and again it just works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts