TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found any success using recreational radios and headset to communicate bike to bike. When riding with friends I find it a nuisance to keep turning around to check on them. Especially when we get on the single track. It would be nice to have coms to call a buddy when you are stuck or have fallen over and need some help. I have some Motorola's that I have used many years for checking in during hunting season and found them to be very rugged. I have never tried a headset and imagine most would not work in the helmet or the engine noise would make it useless.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have used these while riding my ATV. They work very well as the speakers and mike are in your helmet. The only drawback as I see it is that it is hard wired to the radio and push to talk button. You have to either remove your helmet or unplug the connection when off the bike. I would use it on the TW if others in the group did as well.

Joe

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Joe, do you use the Motorola brand helmet sets?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The unit I have is from MotoComm. They have them for any of the GMRS/FRS radios. Order for what ever radio you have. The plug is not the same on all of these radios. I think they sell for less than $60 each.

Joe

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too have Motorola radios. The ear bud style work ok for me on my big bike, but I have not tried on the TW200 yet. I just got it. Bob

·
Registered
503 Posts
kinda pricey, but I use the Sena SMH-10. Bluetooth, helmet mounted, can talk up to 4 different riders, 10hr talk time on full charge, open Mic 100% of the time, 1/4mile range. Been using them for 2yrs with no issues. Can't say enuff good about them. TIM

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
uclear-200 helmet set I got here on the forum from another member, work fantastic. My wife and I use them on our rides. My son and I used them on our 3 day ride ( RR coming soon )and had a blast being able to talk while riding. Easily moved from one helmet to another. You can add up to 7 units together. All bluetooth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts