TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoyed the TW for quite awhile and then got seduced by a Royal Enfield C5 and the TW romance has been disrupted for some time. Yesterday I got back on the old TW and all the good memories came flooding back as to how much fun this little bike is and how dependable. Well, now is the time to start tinkering again starting with new fork seals and general spiffing up. Happy to say that the Shorai battery is still holding a charge. Good to be back. Scotsman

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Very cool. How did you like the Royal Enfield? Is the C5 the Continental GT??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a C5 ----Rode it over seven thousand miles and had to do nothing but change the oil......The "thump-thump" really takes me back to my youth..... It will almost kill you with just 27 HP, but it runs along nicely in the sixty to sixty-five range and get about 70 miles per gallon. Requires more tire pressure than recommend in the manual, I run 32 front 34 rear with the Avon tires. Have purchased Dunlop K70,s which will go on in about another thousand miles. The Enfield forum is fun and informative but not as much fun as this one. It has always been a kick to roam around this one. Glad I have come back. Scotsman

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ref Scotsman"s remarks about this forum: most of the credit goes to the great members and contributors, but let's not forget the part the moderator(s) play in keeping it sweet.

Will

Reactions: Mel and VintageGW
1 - 5 of 5 Posts