TW200 Forum banner

2581 - 2594 of 2594 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Decent price on a clean, low mileage TW.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/d/dixon-yamaha-2014-tw200/7029819118.html

Posted 22 minutes ago

YAMAHA 2014 TW200 - $2650 (Dixon)

2014 Yamaha TW 200

condition: good
fuel: gas
odometer: 537
paint color: blue
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: dual-sport

Bought this new in 2014. Low miles....537 Shows how little I rode it. Moving so it must go. Runs great. Super fun on road or off. Just put a new battery in. Good quality Yuasa. It also has an FMF pipe and I still have the original.
I have the pink slip. 916-768-6686 phone.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
clean bike!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey gang, first post here. been looking for a TW for a little bit, upgrading from a 125 Vino. been back and forth about new versus used for weeks and can’t really make my mind up. seems like those bikes really hold their value. anyone know anything about this bike on CL? i watched it a few months back and it disappeared so i guessed it was sold, popped back up this past week.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
hey gang, first post here. been looking for a TW for a little bit, upgrading from a 125 Vino. been back and forth about new versus used for weeks and can’t really make my mind up. seems like those bikes really hold their value. anyone know anything about this bike on CL? i watched it a few months back and it disappeared so i guessed it was sold, popped back up this past week.

thanks in advance!
That's what we call the Rainbow Warrior and appears to be in very nice unmolested condition. I would want to know how old the tires are and do a very detailed inspection of all the normal wear parts like chain, sprockets, lights, blinkers and internal tank condition at his price. $2K would be where I would want to be unless all systems are updated and good to roll.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
Nice looking bike, we call that colour scheme the “Rainbow Warrior”

Seat has been re-covered, no big deal, it should be orange (replacement covers are available.)

At 9k miles, the price is a bit high, I’d suggest more like $1600 to 1800 -

Looks good though doesn’t it – don’t be fooled. That is a 13 year old bike, with no paint wear on the frame, and little on the engine fins. Approach with caution, and $1500 in one pocket, with the rest in the other pocket

It could be a deal – it could be a dog. Insist on a test drive, even if the present owner does it. The bike should pull cleanly up to 60 mph, follow it in your own vehicle if necessary. Listen out for mis fires or stumbling

Check the date code on the tires ($150 to replace), then if he still argues with you, tell him you will be looking a fork seals soon, a variety of cables, chain and sprockets etc – it soon adds up

Someone else pulled out of that deal – look for the reasons why, and don’t believe a single excuse the owner tells you

Winter is on your side as a buyer – use it …..

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Nice looking bike, we call that colour scheme the “Rainbow Warrior”

Seat has been re-covered, no big deal, it should be orange (replacement covers are available.)

At 9k miles, the price is a bit high, I’d suggest more like $1600 to 1800 -

Looks good though doesn’t it – don’t be fooled. That is a 13 year old bike, with no paint wear on the frame, and little on the engine fins. Approach with caution, and $1500 in one pocket, with the rest in the other pocket

It could be a deal – it could be a dog. Insist on a test drive, even if the present owner does it. The bike should pull cleanly up to 60 mph, follow it in your own vehicle if necessary. Listen out for mis fires or stumbling

Check the date code on the tires ($150 to replace), then if he still argues with you, tell him you will be looking a fork seals soon, a variety of cables, chain and sprockets etc – it soon adds up

Someone else pulled out of that deal – look for the reasons why, and don’t believe a single excuse the owner tells you

Winter is on your side as a buyer – use it …..
That is a 25 year old bike by my math here!

·
Registered
11 Posts
thank you guys, i was thinking it was a bit overpriced for its condition. going to look at a brand new one as well. i’m kind of partial to the idea of knowing the bikes history, so i may end up going that route. ride safe

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
hi,

a '94 is basically the same as a 2001, and then almost the same as a 2020... 2001/02 was the transition from drum to disc front brake (with debatable effect) lost a kick starter, different carb (again debatable) , timing chain adjuster and got a higher wattage electrical system (35--> 55w).

frame, motor and all plastic and tanks interchangeable 87-20.

$2500 seems very high.

mine started out as a rainbow warrior, but wasn't as pretty as this one, i paid $800 for it w/ 3500 miles. it became my canvas, check out my signature to see what i've painted over it.

welcome to the forum and ride on!

joe band

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
this motor has popped up again after being listed over a year ago... i'd bet they'd take $400 for it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TW 200 engine - $650 (brentwood / oakley)
2015 Tw 200 engine with 1200 miles - purchased to use for a Karting project but never got around to it.
I have the original harness i will include as well as the original carb

$650
00h0h_2BYkB6Fp1kf_600x450.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts

2006 with 79 miles. They say "garage kept and well taken care of".

I'm thinking more like "abandoned and left to rot".

I think the price is way too high since could be a lot of issues from letting bike sit.
Still neat old bike- like new but dirty.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

2006 with 79 miles. They say "garage kept and well taken care of".

I'm thinking more like "abandoned and left to rot".

I think the price is way too high since could be a lot of issues from letting bike sit.
Still neat old bike- like new but dirty.

View attachment 203098
We have to wonder why a person selling a lightly used near 15 year old bike would not have cleaned and shined it up for the pictures. Agree it is priced at the top but the first order would be get new rubber the day you buy it if all the rest has really been taken care of as stated. Look inside the fuel tank since with only 79 miles in 15 years it has never used the original full tank.

GaryL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not mine but this '98 creampuff with 600 miles in Savannah, GA just popped up in one of my searches:

2581 - 2594 of 2594 Posts