TW200 Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2645 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm drooling... 🤤

Code:
"1986 Yamaha BW200ES. Bought the beast in March of 2019. First one I'd ever seen in person. Its large size surprised me as it’s as big as any of my other motorcycles. Always thought of them as being just big mini-bikes. Went to look at it for a friend and then... you know what happens...

Seller told me he had just installed a new Barnett clutch and that “she smokes a bit”. Invited me to take her for a spin on his small dirt track in backyard. Clutch was a little jumpy at first start and yeah… she smoked. But the torque, power and the smile from ear-to-ear gave away my poker-face.

She came home with me that night.

Starts perfect all the time whether by kick-start or electric start (thus the “ES” in the 1986 version of these bikes).

Incredibly dirty and signs of a tough life but ready for anything. I did a deep cleaning, oil, filter, lube and started to access what was missing or broken on her.

The tires must have been changed at least once in her life because they are not what came OEM. They hold air and are fine and since you’d never ride this thing on the highway anyway, their age doesn’t matter. I think I’ve had to top-off air once in all the time I’ve owned her. Too many of these bikes are modified from stock and thus no longer really BW’s or over-restored by folks that like to look at them and take them to bike shows. This is for a serious rider but she still looks great. Easy to work on and maintain like any Yamaha.

My goal was to further it’s woods & off-road designed purpose and I think I’ve achieved that with the kind of gear you’d have on a more traditional dirt bike.

Here is what I’ve done in the short time of my ownership to bring her up to full & top operating condition:

OEM Chain Guard used off eBay (was missing)

OEM Front Sprocket Guard used off eBay (was missing)

Replica OEM Graphics & Decals Kit (needed only the fuel tank decals)

Wide Foot-Pegs- aftermarket (I have the small OEM foot-pegs)

Moose Skid (Bash) Plate (for a TW200 & modified to work on the BW200)

EMGO Enduro Off-Road Mirrors & Mounts (BW’s didn’t come with mirrors)

D-Flex Hand Shields & Hand Guards (BW’s didn’t come with Hand Guards)

CycleRack Front Rack (Brand-New)

CycleRack Rear Rack (Brand-New)

Hour Meter (there is no odometer, 7.5 hours on the *Top-End rebuild)

OEM Owners Manual for a 1986 BW200ES in Ex. Cond. (Very rare, try to find one)

Battery Tender Pig-Tail

DMO Specialties Swing-Arm Bushing & Adjuster Kit: this is uninstalled at this time and would have been an up-coming Winter project. This kit is offered by Fat Tire Conversions and is a direct replacement for the no longer available factory bushings and cam adjusters. Actually it corrects the problems these bikes had with the OEM adjusters. Beautiful machining and made in the USA.
Right now it’s unavailable from FT Conversions so it’s a huge upgrade to this bike when the time comes.

Scroll FT Conversions BW200 webpage (below) to see description and installation instructions: 

https://fattireconversions.com/bw200parts.html#jackshaft

*Top-End Rebuild: I was never able to lose the “she smokes a bit” no matter what oil or mystical combination of fluids I added to the engine. So I had the engine pulled and gone over, full Top-End rebuild by Thunder Performance in Milford, CT (Bottom-end was fine):

R+R Cylinder Head & Cylinder

Bore & Hone Cylinder

Valve Job- Cut Valves & Seats & Set to Install Height

Along with new piston & Rings full Top-End Gasket set.

Titled/Registered/Plated: in Vermont. To top all the above off this particular BW200 has full DMV paperwork. While I live in NY I didn’t transfer to my home state which a lot of folks do using VT. as a stepping-stone. I could but NY still has annual inspections and the mega-gigantic tires on this thing are not DOT and thus would never pass NY inspection. So on the street or when in the State Parks that require plated vehicles the VT. plates pass muster. Definitely was worth the effort. I have her covered under my MC Insurance too but that may be optional in your state.
All VT. DMV has just been updated till June 2021 and is transferable.
A BW200 with paperwork is rare in the Northeast.

With legal plates I can ride on the street but I don’t recommend it just due to the fat tire size, can be a challenge. It real purpose and where it shines is riding in anything but pavement. Dirt, sand, rocks, gravel... nothing can touch it.

Besides the pictures I’ll attach 2 short videos, one street riding and the other in the Jersey Pine Barrens a few months ago. This is a great deal for someone who wants to add a rare and getter rarer especially in stock form off-roader to your stable. Or perhaps someone who just wants to cruise, hunt or explore the back-country without the bulkiness of an ATV and without the nervousness of scratching a restored show bike. 

Thanks for reading. I have this listed on a couple forums. Don't need help selling it and in no big hurry to let it go.
Cash payment only, no shipping available. Local sale is the best but if you are viewing this from afar because you are looking for a BW I'm willing to work with an enthusiast. $3400.00 OBO. No offers or haggling over the phone or internet, just come see it. It's pretty impressive.

Here are two (2) links to short videos of her riding on the street and doing what she does best in the dirt & woods. You'll probably have to cut & paste them to your browser to view. Both are Youtube:

https://youtu.be/0_j0FAqyBBk

https://youtu.be/yESuNiOB4DI

[LIST]
[*]do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
[/LIST]

post id: 7161139311

posted: about 5 hours ago

updated: about 4 hours ago"

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Not mine (and don't try to bring it into California!)

Posted 19 minutes ago
2017 Yamaha Tw200 - $4,250 (Reno)

2017 yamaha tw200
engine displacement (CC): 200
fuel: gas
odometer: 350
transmission: manual

2016 tw200 with less than 400 miles. Bike is stock and in basically new shape. Includes rack. Price is pretty firm and is less than what I paid (not in a rush to sell and may just keep it). No trades please don’t ask unless you happen to have an XT250 in similar condition. Bike is located in Dayton.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Not mine, but nearby if someone needs assistance in purchasing this bike.

Posted about 3 hours ago

2018 Yamaha TW200 - $3,800 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)

2018 Yamaha TW200

condition: like new
odometer: 245
paint color: black
street legal
title status: clean

Like new TW 200. I haven't gotten the use I thought I would out of this bike. Had it almost 2 years and only put 345 miles on it. Bought it new and still have everything for it. Been stored in the garage, so no sun damage. Never wrecked. As close to new as you'll find. Save a bunch on dealer fees. Tags good till Feb. 2021. Pink and keys in hand.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
that looks like a placerlode scoop if he could knock $500 off the price

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Not mine, but nearby if someone needs assistance in purchasing this bike.

Posted about 3 hours ago

2018 Yamaha TW200 - $3,800 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)

2018 Yamaha TW200

condition: like new
odometer: 245
paint color: black
street legal

Like new TW 200. I haven't gotten the use I thought I would out of this bike. Had it almost 2 years and only put 345 miles on it. Bought it new and still have everything for it. Been stored in the garage, so no sun damage. Never wrecked. As close to new as you'll find. Save a bunch on dealer fees. Tags good till Feb. 2021. Pink and keys in hand.
Seem a fair price all things considered.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Another low mileage California bike.

Posted about 8 hours ago
Pristine Yamaha TW200 - $2,650 (novato)

Yamaha TW 200
condition: excellent
odometer: 796
Hi all - I have an as new Yamaha TW 200. ONLY 796 miles. That's right, way under 1000 miles! The motor has not been touched, bike runs perfect. The bike does have upgraded pro taper bars, upgraded tires and nice hand guards.
It is a 2004, these have not been changed in 20 years at all. Please do your homework and give me a call. I have priced to sell, I will not take any less. $2650- or more if you like? Pink slip in hand, it is registered through December 2021. Ready to go. It just does not get ridden and needs a new owner.

Thanks - stay safe. Jason

·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Somebody should snag that up, great price I think.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
FWIW unless he did a full plastic swap... that's a 2005, not 04.
pretty good deal.

·
Super Moderator
5,644 Posts
Had a recent case of an '87 graphics being an '88 - close enough

The registered date does not necessarily reflect the manufactured date, there’s bound to be a few weeks leeway ….

2621 - 2640 of 2645 Posts