TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty cheap 2008 (???) with 2100 miles in Texas

Yamaha Other | eBay

(Quote from the eBay seller)-----> The bike runs great. I have had it serviced at the local Yamaha dealership. They can provide records for all my service as well as the recent odometer/speedometer replacement.
Give me a call on my cell if you want to talk.
832-326-5874

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ebay charges the seller 10%. For that reason Craig's List generally has better bargains.
on motorcycles it's a $20 listing fee and $30 flat rate if it sells under $5000 ($60 flat rate for sales over $5000) if this bike is an 08 or even an 07 with 2100 miles you will look long and hard to match that on CL these days :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
on motorcycles it's a $20 listing fee and $30 flat rate if it sells under $5000 ($60 flat rate for sales over $5000) if this bike is an 08 or even an 07 with 2100 miles you will look long and hard to match that on CL these days :)

I have sold two motorcycles on ebay. Both times they charged me 10 percent of the sale price. I emailed them and complained and they answered that the fee is ten percent of the total. If what you are saying is fact I need a refund from ebay.

Can you point me to an ebay page that verifies what you have said?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Serious bidders put their bid in a few seconds before auction ends. I bet that bike sells.
Excellent point Werloc never "show your cards" when buying an eBay auction item. I use an automated bidding program like AuctionSniper so my bid (highest & best) gets placed in the last 7 seconds and I don't even have to be there (or even out of bed?) or I don't have to remember which may be my biggest problem :)

If you sign up for AuctionSniper (it's free to join) and you get your first 3 winning snipes free (1% after that unless you refer friends then you get 3 free snipes for every referral)

This has won me countless auctions (not all) many for the opening bid because people kept waiting for somebody else to bid to give them confidence i guess

If you use this link to join we'll both get 3 free snipes

Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay

Werloc if you're an AuctionSniper member (or if you enroll) please add your link to this thread for coming up with such a great point

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sniper with a quick ( & itchy ) trigger finger

Thanks, I've tried them, but my fingers are quicker than that. I win 98% of the time on my own. I found a technique that works for me.....;)
Do you ever find yourself anxious just at the close? That started for me after I lost out on a couple of great items due to a perceived connection speed bottleneck. Maybe that's how I saw it at the time, but it did seem slow.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My problem is remembering to be at the computer at 4 am pacific time it seems like I'm always out at dinner or working etc when the auctions are ending. Even if I'm around I always use Sniper because it's scored me so many wins. I only bid manually if it's an item I don't care about

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts