1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
328 lbs?? that baby needs a good diet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
These sell for $2199 around here. I briefly thought about buying one until I saw the weight. My old DR350 was 20# less wet, and I thought that was too heavy.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Looks suspiciously Zongshen-ish. Which makes it XT-ish, with a 15 inch rear wheel. I seriously doubt it even comes close to weighing 300 pounds.

Leave it to the Chinese to shoot themselves in the foot by exaggerating weight to the plus side.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Found these specs:

These are available in gloss black white and orange. We have white in stock currently! High quality construction inverted and adjustable front forks front and rear disc brakes electric and kick start with an air cooled single cylinder 15 horse power 200cc engine! Top speed is approx 75 miles per hour. Black white or orange available Engine Type: 199cc 4 Stroke Air Cooled Carburetor: 26mm Bore Stroke: 66mm x 58.2mm Horsepower: 15 @ 8000RMP Start Mode: Kick Start / Electric Start Transmission: 1 Down 4 Up 5-Speed Manual Frame: Steel L x W x H: 81 x 30.5 x 44 Front Suspension: Inverted Rebound/Compression Adjustable Rear Suspension: Spring Shock Brakes: Front/Rear Disc Wheels: STREET: 17 /17 Seat Height: 32.5 Weight: 328 lbs Ground Clearance: 8 Wheelbase: 48 Covered Parts Description Covered Period Motor Engine Transmission 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Mechanical Components Carburetor 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Electrical Harness CDI Inst. Cluster 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Battery (when purchased with new unit) Battery 30 Days (Unlimited Miles) Suspension Shocks Forks 6 Months (Unlimited Miles) Brake Caliper 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Exhaust Header pipe Muffler 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Clutch CVT/Manual Clutch 90 Days (Unlimited Miles)

Electric and kickstart, air cooled, 15 HP, carb, tach, speedo with dual disc brakes. No mention of fuel capacity. Not too shabby. Have to wonder about the quality though...

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Hard telling, but SSR is one of the better importers. Or at least one of the more longstanding ones.

The way that stuff works is that tons of the same bikes are made at different quality levels all over China, often from the same plant. Various importers spec their own level of cheesiness then slap their own brand names on what are essentially identical bikes. The fly-by-night outfits spec the low end, don't submit them for the proper paperwork which allows you to register them, etc. Then theydump them on unsuspecting losers, then close shop or change names, lather, rinse, repeat. The goodn's spec the upper end of the same bikes and are more likely to be around to back it up tomorrow.

The trick is knowing which of the junk, isn't. Some of it is actually quite decent. Spuds 60,000 mile Zong comes to mind.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is also sold as the Qlink (pronounced as Q-Link, and not Klink) XP200 and XF200. Motorcycle,com tested one here:

2009 QLINK XF200 Review - Motorcycle.com

A guy known as Spudrider on a bunch of forums (mychinamoto.com, advrider.com, etc) is still riding a Chinese 200cc dual sport and is over 60,000 miles so far. He rebuilt the top end twice I believe. His is a Zongchen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found these specs:

These are available in gloss black white and orange. We have white in stock currently! High quality construction inverted and adjustable front forks front and rear disc brakes electric and kick start with an air cooled single cylinder 15 horse power 200cc engine! Top speed is approx 75 miles per hour. Black white or orange available Engine Type: 199cc 4 Stroke Air Cooled Carburetor: 26mm Bore Stroke: 66mm x 58.2mm Horsepower: 15 @ 8000RMP Start Mode: Kick Start / Electric Start Transmission: 1 Down 4 Up 5-Speed Manual Frame: Steel L x W x H: 81 x 30.5 x 44 Front Suspension: Inverted Rebound/Compression Adjustable Rear Suspension: Spring Shock Brakes: Front/Rear Disc Wheels: STREET: 17 /17 Seat Height: 32.5 Weight: 328 lbs Ground Clearance: 8 Wheelbase: 48 Covered Parts Description Covered Period Motor Engine Transmission 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Mechanical Components Carburetor 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Electrical Harness CDI Inst. Cluster 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Battery (when purchased with new unit) Battery 30 Days (Unlimited Miles) Suspension Shocks Forks 6 Months (Unlimited Miles) Brake Caliper 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Exhaust Header pipe Muffler 1 Year (Unlimited Miles) Clutch CVT/Manual Clutch 90 Days (Unlimited Miles)

Electric and kickstart, air cooled, 15 HP, carb, tach, speedo with dual disc brakes. No mention of fuel capacity. Not too shabby. Have to wonder about the quality though...

75 MPH !! HO ! HO ! HO ! 692521270.gif

i saw many different specs on the web for this bike and i think the more reliable is this one

200cc SSR XF-200 Enduro

55 mph and 3 months warranty

·
Registered
765 Posts
Ahhh!!!! It lives close to me!!!!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hard telling, but SSR is one of the better importers. Or at least one of the more longstanding ones.

The way that stuff works is that tons of the same bikes are made at different quality levels all over China, often from the same plant. Various importers spec their own level of cheesiness then slap their own brand names on what are essentially identical bikes. The fly-by-night outfits spec the low end, don't submit them for the proper paperwork which allows you to register them, etc. Then theydump them on unsuspecting losers, then close shop or change names, lather, rinse, repeat. The goodn's spec the upper end of the same bikes and are more likely to be around to back it up tomorrow.

The trick is knowing which of the junk, isn't. Some of it is actually quite decent. Spuds 60,000 mile Zong comes to mind.
Thanks for the info. I'm just familiar with the major manufacturers (and not an expert even there), so the china bikes I have no clue on. I wouldn't rule them out entirely - as Spuds bike is definitely a good one. :) Before reading some of his threads I had no idea that they even existed.

75 MPH !! HO ! HO ! HO ! View attachment 1800

i saw many different specs on the web for this bike and i think the more reliable is this one

200cc SSR XF-200 Enduro

55 mph and 3 months warranty
Well, it's also been claimed that the TW will do 75 mph - mine won't (at least with me on it and not diving off a cliff ;) ). Fastest I have ever gotten mine up to is indicated 75 and that was downhill with a decent backwind :whip2: . Not something I'd do on a regular basis. With a lighter rider and better tune job, is it possible? Probably. 55mph is in the comfort zone (45-60) for my TW.

I agree their specs seem to be more realistic. They do say 55+ and this still looks really comparable to the TW or XT specs wise, so I'd expect it's performance to be similar. I also note they list the weight at 243lbs rather than the 328 listed earlier. Again, if the quality is there - not too shabby. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
These sell for $2199 around here. I briefly thought about buying one until I saw the weight. My old DR350 was 20# less wet, and I thought that was too heavy.

Would help to know where around here is. :)

Maybe fill out your profile?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wish Yamaha would update the TW to similar specs. I really like that is has a rear disc brake, kick and electric start, and those forks would look so good on my bike haha. I'm just not willing to purchase a knock off of a quality product. I'm actually pretty anti-china, due to the fact they rip everyone off of their patents and copyrights, either way, that's a discussion best left for another time and place.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm very happy with my Japanese bike thankyouverymuch. Japan is an ally. China, an opponent.

I hate it that we do any business with them.

The scariest thing I've seen recently is the rise of Chinese produced food products - I won't even let my dogs eat treats made there.

Reactions: AdamTSi

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are building the Chinese Military and we are borrowing money from them! Its a downward spiral.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts