TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 TW 200
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss gave me the go ahead to bring my tdub with me to work as there are a couple of prime riding areas on my route and that will be a good way to kill my lunch hour.

I’ve never hauled a motorcycle before so I’m hoping y’all can point me in the right direction.

Obviously nothing permanent to the trailer and I would like it to be as simple and quick as possible.

Here is a photo of where it would sit and the wall tie down options I have.

Thanks for any pointers!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Street light Wood Road surface Rectangle Asphalt

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
How about just putting it on a pallet sized for the T-dub and a couple of straps .....
Load and unload like any other piece of freight....
I have done it many times with many different motorcycles ..
mike from NC

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Run a strap on either side at about handlebar level, run it under the crossbar and tighten real tight (ratchet strap maybe). Then run two more at the bottommost slots, wind them in opposite directions under the rear tire and hook them together inside the rim. The bike is still going to move around some compared to flush floor tiedowns, which you could easily add.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
the floor is often slick on trucks and the stiff truck springs will allow the tires to slip or skid allowing the bike to fall over even if it has plenty of straps on top so if you can try to tie the front and rear tire side to side at floor level so they can't skid out

if you have some big padded packing blankets and maybe a bare tire (even a semi tire you can lay the bike over against the tire and padding and strap it down that way it can't fall over since it's already over lol

·
Registered
2021 TW
556 Posts
You dont have any e-track straps? They are cheap. I think even hazard fraught tools has them.
A couple blocks screwed to the floor for the front wheel and a couple straps and yur dun.
I like the pallet idea. But if you do that your gonna need four teamsters to move it past the tail gate.
I have some good stories about trucks with California plates and teamsters in New York City.

·
Registered
631 Posts
My boss gave me the go ahead to bring my tdub with me to work as there are a couple of prime riding areas on my route and that will be a good way to kill my lunch hour.

I’ve never hauled a motorcycle before so I’m hoping y’all can point me in the right direction.

Obviously nothing permanent to the trailer and I would like it to be as simple and quick as possible.

Thanks for any pointers!

View attachment 226128
View attachment 226129
I don’t know anything about securing a TDub
in a semi because I never have. But I do know the proper way to conceal a license plate.

Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle tire Bicycle frame
L
Your way and mine
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

Thanks for any pointers!

View attachment 226128
View attachment 226129
What is the tall thing mounted on the back of the bike.
Tiki torch holder ??
It sure looks like it could easily snag a limb or vine ..

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I think I would do a combination of a couple of things mentioned above. If you have an old tire, just set the front motorcycle tire in it like a wheel chock for a little added stability. Then I would use the E-tracks and put the hooks as close to the floor as you can. Use the ratchet straps to hold down the bike. I like the straps that Shawn uses from SRK Cycles. These don't compress your shocks or forks so it is easier on your suspension with a more secure attachment.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
I would go to Harbor Freight and get one of this style of motorcycle chock..

you can strap the bike to the chock to keep it upright then all you need to do strap it from the tiedown points you have in the trailer to keep it moving from front to back and side to side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
An “unhomed” person walked past three No Trespassing signs to enter my back yard to knock on my back door this week. When I asked him why, he said he wanted my TW200. Needless to say, I’m taking the bike with me this week and moving it 1400 miles from his trespassing unhomed arse. Never tied/moved a bike this way before. Have to watch it closely. It’s got four corners strapped and an extra strap from frame to trailer bulkhead. I also screwed some 2x4s to the trailer deck to block the bike wheels from moving in any direction.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
I reminded the unhomed dude of the trespassing after dark laws in Texas and suggested he pray to his lord and savior before ever entering my yard again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts