·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Reactions: TW-Brian

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just wondering what to do... fix up for a spare bike at camp... or install the mottor in the 2010 tw......would really like the power and cruising speeds.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an XT along with my TW and I love them both. Each definitely has their strong suit but honestly the only one that is indispensable is the TW, they make better dual sports than the XT by far. BUT if you have a riding partner then I think it would be worth fixing up just for the sheer amount of slow motion fun that can be had when those bikes are together.(pending budget, time, effort, skill etc)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'd vote for a most excellent roady bike. Some 90/10 tires, locking box on back, awesome commuter/errand bike. When fuel prices go back up, such a unit will be worth serious duckets. Fuel predicted to head up after the elections. Narrower tires and more visible stance (taller) make the XT superior road mount than a TW. Not to mention the XT is mo able to maintain speeds suitable for roadwork.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
not to hijack your thread, but this xt225 looks really clean and you might get it for a few hundred less....

[h=2] 2005 Yamaha XT225 - $1500 (Big Sur)[/h] 00n0n_af1rjowP2JX_600x450.jpg

and a mighty fine color scheme i would add! ;)

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes thats funnny.....free is good.... do need some plastics ... did i say its got a rebuild motor 800kms ago...tride to fix flat tire, took me three people and a hour to remove axel... man its been there since new i think, good old rust i thinkn i will refurbish it.....keep u uptodate,,,when the snow is 2ft deep

1 - 14 of 14 Posts