TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing looks kinda fun. But more than that I want to rob that front hub motor and put it on my TW (with a on off switch on the bars).

Put a bigger lithium battery under the seat and run the hub motor when your in need of extra traction (let it free wheel otherwise to save battery life). The little TW would be even more unstoppable. Been thinking of this for a while but had not yet found a suitable hub motor for a front wheel.

Either way looks like pretty neat utilitarian machine they got there.

MEDIA | Ubco

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The christini system though is very complicated were as a simple hub motor is far far easier to rig up. And if it's a electrical assist then you would not require a overly large battery so weight would not be too harsh.

Neat system on both but for a TW I think the electric hub motor would be an easier retrofit.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Electric assisted front wheel drive is interesting, a hybrid system reminiscent of Formula One KERS and push-to-pass arrangements. Install as large a lithium battery possible, keep the kick-starter for when you use too much juice, and make that DeathWing earn it's keep.:p
Actually the electric motor-in-hub sounds much simpler and lighter than historically used drive cables, chains or hydrostatic drive systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts