TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day, Dubbers.

Well, I sold the TW.

Had it for sale for a while, and even had a guy wanting to pick it up and I changed my mind and said 'not for sale'! :confused:

However, eventually, common sense took over. We're pissing that work thing off next year, and doing the traveling thing from Jan 15. Hope to be riding in the USA next year, and would great to meet a few 'Dubbers'.

It will be very sad to get home and see it missing from the shed (Mrs sold it while I've been away for work).

A special thanks to a few folk:
Mods/contributors (friendliest motorcycle forum I've visited; well done).
Charles/forum dude.
Gerry (still using the Spot mate, will be using on the trip too)!
Peruano (thanks for the seat covers delivery).
Daltoncoody (sent me a new switch-block when mine broke).
Plus others I'm sure I've missed.

I'll pop my head in every now and again, but I've never been a big poster.

Safe travels folks.

Rob.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Rob, It was a good ride and you got many kilometers out of it. If you come this way, we'd love to meet up with you and show you some sights. And if I aint ridin it, its yours for the day or week. I hope the US treats you as well as the Aussies have treated us. Tom

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Rob, It was a good ride and you got many kilometers out of it. If you come this way, we'd love to meet up with you and show you some sights. And if I aint ridin it, its yours for the day or week. I hope the US treats you as well as the Aussies have treated us. Tom
Ditto. Thank you for the glimpses of Oz over the years.

Good luck in your future travels. Our door will be open, as well.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If Central California happens in your travels, I have two TW200's available to see some of our Beautiful State. We can always manage a BBQ or some kind of vittles to prop your ribs open.
Mel

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind offers gents, and Mel (assume you're not a gent)!

Will check in every now and again.

Cheers and regards, Rob.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In case anyone is interested, I couldn't buy TW200s in South America.

So, we bought 125s in Santiago, Chile, and rode them to Patagonia. We're now commencing the long trip north, with the plan being to at least make it to Texas. Again, if interested, I've started a ride report over on ADVrider. There's been many days (40mph+ head and cross-winds) where an extra 75cc would have been awesome!

Come see the Americas, with two or three nongs! - ADVrider

1 - 7 of 7 Posts