TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I am getting ready to go out and do some trails and back country / backpacking rides and I was wondering if we could discuss a comprehensive list of tools for survival out there. Best case lightweight tool kit? Worst case scenario tools / parts to bring ?
Any advise and help would be greatly appreciated.
PS: anyone riding White Rim trail around Halloween ?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Replace the stock tool kit with quality tools. Make sure you have the tools to fix or adjust any modifications you may have installed. Tire spoons, patches, spare front tube (can be used for rear in emergency). A few master chain links. Zip ties, duct tape, Propoxy. Tell someone where you are going, how long you plan to be gone and the route you are planning to take. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The first thing would be to honestly think about what your willing and able to tackle out in the boonies. And how far away is help or civilization.
Are you willing to change or patch a tube and carry the tools, tube, patch kit and pump. Or do you just want to be able to tighten loose fasteners and bend things back so you can continue on.
Letting someone know your plans is always a good idea. So is some first aid stuff for you as well as the bike.
I carry a cruz tools tool kit. Its basic, a 10 and 13 mm wrench. Vise grips and an adjustable wrench, 4 in one screw driver and a plug wrench. Some zip ties and mechanics wire and electrical tape. Thanks be I have never had to use it but have got it out so others could.
I try to do all the checks and maintenance before a ride.Saves much aggravation and stress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts