TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok today lets pretend you are Gawd and it's a perfect world where you are in charge of designing a new kick starter for all new 2022' TW200's would you prefer good old forged steel like we have had since 1987 or would you go with an Aluminum Billet arm for less weight, etc ? or possibly a hybrid with a steel kick crank boss and Billet upper ?

I have included some pics from Tusk, Hammerhead etc and many of these are not TW or XT kick arms but what do you think the TW should have if they started installing kicker sets on all new TW's

This is not a drill all ideas will be considered and if I take this lil piggy to market the winning idea / design will get a reward

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I will cast my vote.
Hybird
mike from NC

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
I'm digging that red one on a TW

What would the green one go on at the top? I gotta know...

Reactions: PlacerLode

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we can have any colors we want the anodizing is ez

we can match them to skid plates !!!

wonder if the market now would accept a new version of the TCI skid plate or is it still priced too high ?

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
we can have any colors we want the anodizing is ez

we can match them to skid plates !!!

wonder if the market now would accept a new version of the TCI skid plate or is it still priced too high ?
win win with a matching kicker and skidplate. You could sell those Fred.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you make one that is battery operated? I'm getting kinda old and my sciatica keeps me up at night if I exercise it too much during the day.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Batteries might be asking a lot but we can make one out of wood ie "Logs" just for you ;-)~~

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
btw I need a forum member who has an XT225 with a kick starter installed so I can send them a custom kick lever and make sure it clears properly

Another option is I want to buy an XT225 or TTR225 with or w/o a kick starter to use as a test bed for kick starter set fitment

The XT225 kicker market is narrow compared to the TW market but I'd like to be able to supply XT and TTR owners as well

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Cast aluminum. That's how my MX race bikes were and they were light and strong. Even my KX500 Kawasaki had a cast aluminum assembly and it held up fine. I'd also make sure it was short so you had to stab at it with the ball of your foot, not the arch. Kick starting a 500cc 2-stroke with the arch instead of the ball was a good way to get launched to the moon with your knee embedded in your chin. Ha! Kick-back was brutal if you didn't know how to find TDC before stroking that arm.

I agree; photo #2, same one you picked, is the one I like. I would not anodize any color than clear. Nothing looks worn and beat up that anodize that oxidizes and rubs off. Unless it's a street queen, keep it clear anodize.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I’m not doing pancake whips on my TW, so I don’t care about weight reduction nearly as much as durability. But if an aluminum arm is truly as strong as y’all say then a hybrid should be fine. I personally prefer the traditional style arm, but I want everything in black. Blued steel or black anodized aluminum. A little bit of boot wear on the pedal wouldn’t bother me.

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
Batteries might be asking a lot but we can make one out of wood ie "Logs" just for you ;-)~~
tommy: 👴 Git him Fred!!
tommy: 👴 Git him!!

tommy: 👴 Bro, I gotcha back man, I gotcha back!!

Fred: 👨 Yeah, we just might need, ta whoop his scrawny little behind, I normally would never consider such a thing, but he's got quite the smart alecky mouth on him, don't he?

tommy: 👴 Mmm Huh.
tommy: 👴 And of course, always giving credit where credit's due, though; he's got quick wit.

Fred: 👨 Potential?

tommy: O no, I didn't say that!! Sheeeeet bro, That kid? Gimme a break bro.. HA HA HA

Fred: 👨 Well, what then LT, whaat?

tommy: 👴 Well, I admit he needs a wake up call, but he really is kind... ah funny, ya know?

tommy: 👴 Brother Fred, I mean he's even got me laughing...

Fred: 👨Yeah, that's different, we've all noticed it too... Thanks tommy, I know we all appreciate it too, we really do, and I think I can speak for the whole forum, in fact I know I can.

tommy: 👴 I know I know, they get tired of me breathing down their back all the time.

Fred: 👨 Took ya this long to figure out that LT? You are a bit slow, aren't you?

tommy: 👴Grr Fred, what about Nut-head?

Fred: 👨 You mean loghousenut?

tommy: 👴 Nut-Job, Nut-Head, Whatever his name is!! Get on with it man, get on with it!!

Fred: 👨 Ron is his name, to be specific.

tommy: 👴 Did I ask you for "specific" Fred? Did I? Sorry bro, gotta little peeved. I'm sorry bro.

Fred: 👨 I know LT, no prob bro.

Fred: 👨 Wake up call then?

tommy: 👴 I still want to thump him a good one. But I think he's good for the forum. I dare say, if it keeps up like it is lately, Gary L and Borneo and TopPredator will come back. That is if we keep it "fun" around here.

Fred: 👨 I think you're right tommy.

NutButt: 🦃👨‍🦰 🐕🦌🐈🐓 Ohhh Yoo Hoo 🎶

Fred and LT: 👨👴 Dude; bro, let's thrash him, come on!! 😡🤬 Let's get that Yokel....

🏃‍♂️ Let's git him tommy!!
🦍 Thump him!!

👨‍🦰 You wish old geezers, you wish!! HA HA HA HA

ZZzzzzzip later dudes.

💪 🤜🤠🤛 🦶

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
Can't the Moderators get control of this thread?!!

Let's get it back where it all started... a kick starter that requires more effort than the push of a button.

O tell me you got more than that Bro!!! I spent 2 frickin hours on that....
You've lost your grip, if you ever had one.

·
Registered
863 Posts
btw I need a forum member who has an XT225 with a kick starter installed so I can send them a custom kick lever and make sure it clears properly

Another option is I want to buy an XT225 or TTR225 with or w/o a kick starter to use as a test bed for kick starter set fitment

The XT225 kicker market is narrow compared to the TW market but I'd like to be able to supply XT and TTR owners as well
I know this is off topic, but that TT225 you sold me is not yet TW transplanted. Whatever part or all of it you need is yours so long as I eventually get it back.

The transplant has stalled at the "TW frame painted and parts collected" stage. The TT225 engine is still in the original frame.

If this can work, just tell me what to do. Whether I do or don't get a kick starter is not an issue.

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
Like you ignored in another post of mine...

:geek: You may now place said 👑 crown upon my noggin. GENTLY MAN GENTLY!!! :LOL:

I taught you all you know anyway, just admit it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Forged steel. The aftermarket can make a swoopy anodized aluminum part, and maybe somebody can even design a pattern to be produced out of plastic on a 3d printer. But when all those parts break, you can just remove the remaining pieces and put the good old steel factory part back on there.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I like that Red Aluminum one too, modern looking - great contrast and will work -- more

1 - 20 of 24 Posts