TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guarantee you haven't seen some of these, or perhaps, any of these pictures before...

Rare 1945 Photos

:D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunate, but never the less, true.

·
Registered
302 Posts
awesome find LT, so many people in this day and age have forgotten our past or like to pretend it never happened (yeah, that actually exist).

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
LT, my Dad was a B-29 radio operator in WWII, bombing the Japanese mainland and home islands.
I have seen a LOT of WWII pix but I have never seen about half of these...this is a treasure and I appreciate you posting them up.
I will forward them to several people & groups who will be very interested.
Do you mind saying where you got them?
Thanks,
Dave

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave, "Mom" forwarded that to me. She knows I like that kind of stuff and I'm pretty sure someone forwarded it to her in the first place.

LT, my Dad was a B-29 radio operator in WWII, bombing the Japanese mainland and home islands.
I have seen a LOT of WWII pix but I have never seen about half of these...this is a treasure and I appreciate you posting them up.
I will forward them to several people & groups who will be very interested.
Do you mind saying where you got them?
Thanks,
Dave

Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
In the late 70s I bought a wrist watch for about 30 dollars that had a 4 function calculator built in to it. The buttons were so small I had to use a pen or some pointed object to press them.
But it worked just fine. I was working onboard a ship when the wrist band broke and lost it over the side.
I think it was a cheap Timex brand. And it had faster calculating ability than any of the first 20 years of calculators, especially the big room sized ones.
I just checked , Timex introduced that watch in 74, I bought mine in 78 or 79.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Heck yea Tommy! I really like those Red Army/Moscow shots - amazing! Those guys are the ones that really stopped the Nazis and changed history!

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
As General George Patten said....Once we were done with the Germans, we should have taken out Stalin and the Russians....those bastards were no friends of ours.....

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
As General George Patten said....Once we were done with the Germans, we should have taken out Stalin and the Russians....those bastards were no friends of ours.....
Yeah, then WE could be the Nazis...

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Yeah, then WE could be the Nazis...
Nazi Germany/ Soviet Reds....Hitler Killed 6-8 Million Stalin 25 Million...yep, both outstanding leaders ....:rolleyes:

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Definitely a horrible day in time and we thought it would never happen again. Radical Muslims are killing Christians by the thousand while the world turns a blind eye. I'm not going to post pictures because it's just to gruesome. I googled "ISIS killing Christians" and seen way to much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hitler made a MONUMENTAL mistake by attacking the soviet union, we may not have won the war by conventional means ( nuclear ) if he had not done that, the soviets suffered by the hand of hitler and stalin, still the people did their part, we owe the soviet people our thanks, not Stalin, seperate the two if you can?? The destruction the USA would have caused by nuking germany in the end would have been a great failure,the world would not be the same, can't guess what it would be like, we ended the war and saved thousands maybe millions of lives, and that was the right thing to do Stalin was by all rights a fiend but the russians as a people did the USA a favor by sacrificing their own and saving thousands of american lives by fighting on that other front.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Hitler made a MONUMENTAL mistake by attacking the soviet union, we may not have won the war by conventional means ( nuclear ) if he had not done that, the soviets suffered by the hand of hitler and stalin, still the people did their part, we owe the soviet people our thanks, not Stalin, seperate the two if you can?? The destruction the USA would have caused by nuking germany in the end would have been a great failure,the world would not be the same, can't guess what it would be like, we ended the war and saved thousands maybe millions of lives, and that was the right thing to do Stalin was by all rights a fiend but the russians as a people did the USA a favor by sacrificing their own and saving thousands of american lives by fighting on that other front.
George said it all:

Default General Patton's quotes on Russia and the Russians

Patton got it right.

We promised the Europeans freedom. It would be worse than dishonorable not to see they have it. This might mean war with the Russians, but what of it? They have no Air Force anymore , their
gasoline and ammunition supplies are low.I've seen their miserable
supply trains;mostly wagons draw by beaten up old hoses or oxen.
I'll say this ;the Third Army alone with very little help and with
damned few casulaties,could lick what is left of the Russians in six
weeks. You mark my words.Don't ever forget them. Someday we
will have to fight them and it will take six years and cost us six
million lives.

The Russians are mongols. They are Slavs and a lot of them used to be
ruled by ancient Byzantium. From Genghis Kahn to Stalin. they have
not changed. They never will and we will never learn, at least , not until
it is too late.

I believe that by taking a strong attitude the Russians,they will back down
. We have already yielded too much to their mongolian nature.

We have destroyed what could have been a good race of people and
we are about to replace them with mongolian savages and all of Europe
with communism

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hoot, I don't know what you been smokin' bud, but could I have a wee taste?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
"[We] could lick what is left of the Russians in six
weeks." - I wouldn't be so sure of that. Hitler thought the same thing about the Russians, before he authorized the invasion. It didn't work out too well for him. Of course, he was insane and a poor strategist, so there's that...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
"[We] owe the soviet people our thanks, not Stalin."
Agreed - and things could have turned out very differently if not for Hitler's madness. He really had lost his damn mind at that point. Not only did he err terribly in attacking the Soviet Union, but also in the execution of that invasion. His personal beef with Stalin drove him to cast aside all reason and ignore his generals' advice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts