TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like great fun! I'm down on the peninsula, but I have piles of stuff to do while the weather holds.
Hey stay in touch I'm reaally wanting to do weekly rides through the summer and into the winter.. Have you done crown point mine trail or palmer creek down that way?
There are a handful of rides id lime to do down that way this summer

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I haven't done any real trail riding. I had never ridden a motorcycle before this one and I've only owned it for about 4 weeks. I've been mainly road riding and trail beside the road riding. Not super confident. Yet.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wednesdays ride was a road then connector trail and then b 29 trail before the skies opened u ok and turned the steep trail to grease. Rode home in the rain and dried out in the sun which came out exactly when I got home

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to bump this up again as I'll be. Doing some similar rides in the next week if anyone is interested in joining in.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Alaska....the great place.....I have ridden from Coldfoot to Hyder mostly on dirt roads....seems like there is always a ORV trail right adjacent to the highway... there is just no place in the US that is on that scale.....like they say in Alaska...." Hope to see you down the trail ".....

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumping this up. Forum member uncld randy and I did a combo ride of a couple trails one of which is quite fearsome and can take trucks 11.5 hours. We did that one in about 2 hours and continued up another one in tge talkeetnas. Endless sunshine and gorgeous vistas and just a super time.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sure hope I can join you for some rides soon.
Maybe Saturday afternoon?
James
It will be till Monday or Tuesday till I'm cree again. This was a peach of a ride. There are a couple similar ones that ive done before that I'm really keen on doing again.

·
Registered
234 Posts
There is no place in Alaska that I don't enjoy on my TW...… except the highway between Anchorage to Homer where it seems like everyone is towing a 25' aluminum boat and is going 80 mph.....but I do enjoy the side roads into Hope or Alyeska and Portage/Whitter.....and all the stops on the Marine Highway....

Among my favorites roads are from Hyder to the Salmon Glacier ….and the Nabesna Road.....the Denali Highway..... White Pass ….I stay at the roadside campground on the terminal side of Valdes and then use the TW to get to town and explore Keystone Canyon and Thomson Pass...got to get back there...

·
Registered
165 Posts
And, TinyWheel was there too! This was a great ride with every challenge you can imagine facing. Mud, bogs, logs to hop, roots to fight, and my nemesis-the 100 yard verticle inclines! Thanks to Tiny for rescuing me after my TW decided to take a nap in an incredibly vertical climb with cobble the size of milk jugs! No harm done though other than a broken front fender. We experienced all of this by ourselves-never saw another rider on the trails that day....just a moose! Best ride of the summer!
20190808_135126.jpg

20190808_134939.jpg

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Noticed the Alaskan conditions have you folks upgrading from the stock Trail Wing semi-knobby rear tire, can't imagine why. ;) tire.jpg

·
Registered
555 Posts
Noticed the Alaskan conditions have you folks upgrading from the stock Trail Wing semi-knobby rear tire, can't imagine why. ;) View attachment 196334
Yes indeed.
And it is much worse when we ride off the highway!

Har-har-har.

Mud, bogs, slop, and whatever else you want to call it is everywhere because of the wetlands.
They freeze in the winter and there are so many snowmachine trails to ride that are impassible in the summer on two wheels.
Even really big two wheels!

·
Registered
555 Posts
It will be till Monday or Tuesday till I'm cree again. This was a peach of a ride. There are a couple similar ones that ive done before that I'm really keen on doing again.

Bummer.
This working for a living really cramps my riding time.
Oh, well, it is sunny so I'm going riding... somewhere!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Noticed the Alaskan conditions have you folks upgrading from the stock Trail Wing semi-knobby rear tire, can't imagine why. ;) View attachment 196334
That mud is so debse and adhesive it causes the chain to bind stretch and derail from the sprockets. It gets stuck between the chain and sprocket. All those things happened on this ride. Stone cold gorgeous ride that makes me proud to be a wasilla-billy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts