TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12 July 9:30 a.m. Replace the Flag

On my ride to East Mtn Lookout earlier this month with my son "Stig" and Truelight, I discover the U.S. National Flag which had been placed there was in tatters. I plan on riding back up to the lookout and replace the flag with a new one. I feel like its my duty! Friday 12 July is the ride date. I have to flush out my route details, but for the most part I will not be retracing my route from the Zimmer Crk to East Mtn ride. I'm thinking I will trailer the TW to Smiths Ferry off hwy 55 and ride up from there (much shorter) and may ride some of the other trails/roads I've yet to explore beyond the lookout. Depending on the crowd, I'd like to ride the East Mtn Way Trail, but that's part of the flushing process.

Anyone, any bike is welcome to come along.

Flag condition this year

Flag condition last year (better)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thank you Admiral, wish I could make it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Admiral, thanks for including me. I would love to join you, however weekdays are tough for me as I work Monday - Friday. When you firm up a date, and time I may be able to take a vacation day, and join you. I'm guessing Friday the 12th would be easier for me to get off work. Thanks again for including me, and I look forward to riding with you.

Todd

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
12 July Replace the Flag

I've set the date for the ride, Friday 12 July 2013.

I haven't done any GPS tracks or routes yet, familiar enough with the area, but I should put some kind of route/track together. Will do soon.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
thank you!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Admirable, Admiral.

I sometimes wish I could travel the country with a truckload of them.

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Good deal. Besides you and I so far from the forum, I have daughters 5 & 6 on ATV's with possible boyfriends along (and I'll keep quite on how I really feel about that), and am trying to talk Stig (son 2) into coming. Should be a good time and ride.

Here is a little route plan. The purple is the Alternate ATV trail (East Mtn Way) route. Can bypass this like I did last trip with Stig (son 2) and Truelight if your not up to trail riding.

Smiths Ferry to East Mtn L.O. 2013 - A motorcycle ride in Valley, ID

East Mtn Way Trail Upper - Valley, ID

East Mtn Way Trail Lower - Valley, ID

·
Registered
12 Posts
Admiral,

Sounds good, Ya still working on my "riding" skills. Don't want to hold anyone up. Do you still have my phone # I sent you? If so maybe you can give me a call when we get closer to the 12th, and we can work out all the details.

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, I still got your number. I'll put it in my phone now. Took me a while to figure out where my pm's were! I'll give you a call the week of 8 July. Gonna be gone this next week getting a little "different" saddle time in like this below.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thank you Admiral. As a vet and just entertained the wall by helping bringing it to our community, I have a deep respect for those that realize what our flag stands for and takes the time to do what is right and heartfelt.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts