TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go one step up from the TW to the XT350. Found a 1988 model that had been gone through except the engine (needs a piston). 6k miles on it. Paid 250 bones.

Anybody want to buy a good running tDub???

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm keeping an eye out for a a XT350 as well. But I'll keep the TW.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on the progress

The old crank in the engine was roasted on the little end. picked up a low mileage unit from ebay. Threw it in this weekend. Here are the pics.

Done!

This was in the crankcase, its piston bits. and two bolts I have no idea how they got there.

Just need to order a piston and get the cyl bored and the top end can get back together.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I sure do admire you guys who have the guts to split open the cases of bikes. I offer my "thumbs up" attaboy !

Will

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was my first one. I just followed the Clymer manual and it wasn't hard at all. I spent more time cleaning the crap out of it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Splitting the case on motorcycle engines is really a simple matter. In most case you should have a set of case splitters though (which I have). But they are really amazingly simple designs, internally. :)

·
Registered
20,159 Posts
Nice to see a well used workbench that has seen some projects over the years. Neatness is an unobtainable goal for me; something about how the mess will expand to fill the available space seems inevitable.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sad part is I built that workbench 2 years ago. It has seen many things. Almost need to flip the plywood already.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe I will regret it. I might keep it if nobody wants it.

Got everything together but the top end. Waiting on parts to show up.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Maybe I will regret it. I might keep it if nobody wants it.

Got everything together but the top end. Waiting on parts to show up.
I want it! But I'm broke so how's it feel to want I guess...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hats off to the 350..... You have a significant other who might ride with a little persuation?? TW is the bike for her.

Tom in Wichita

·
Registered
765 Posts
Could you uhh.. Maybe get some more shots of that 350? It sure is purdy. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts