TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the wider D2Motto pegs have any impact on shifting efficiency? Given my steel toe size 12 boot. I see the peg a wider footprint in width? I assume not but brake mods on the brake peddle some have did got me wondering.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Yes, they do. Particularly with MX boots.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
But you adjusted I assume? Adapted to the shifting given the spacing?

I adapted. The pegs are worth the inconvenience. My feet aren't quite as big as yours (10.5) but the TW has a pretty short shifter as it is, so they definitely affect shifting.

I'll probably weld up my own one day, with all the offset toward the rear. You could probably tack another stocker to the back of the existing pegs, er sumpin'.

For some reason Yamaha saw fit to put the left footpeg further forward than the right. Correct that situation somehow and the wider pegs would be less of an issue.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I adapted. The pegs are worth the inconvenience. My feet aren't quite as big as yours (10.5) but the TW has a pretty short shifter as it is, so they definitely affect shifting.

I'll probably weld up my own one day, with all the offset toward the rear. You could probably tack another stocker to the back of the existing pegs, er sumpin'.

For some reason Yamaha saw fit to put the left footpeg further forward than the right. Correct that situation somehow and the wider pegs would be less of an issue.
Thanks may stick with stockers until yours are on market and/or someone actually rolls with your thought which makes total sense and one of the most needed cheap mod, yet not there with perfection with aftermarket.

Non the less thanks for responding!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, i´m new to the site, and to the bike. I´m from sweden and just bought a -89 i very good running shape. In Sweden they uses theese bikes WAY up north, and hauling raindeers with it. ( wrong word i´ll guess )

Sinse i live i Capital av Sweden, Stockholm, i´d had to drive for over ten hours to get my bike.

Anyway, the only thing i did to it so far is changing footpegs, a couple of cheep, chaineese ones from www.24mx.com

....And new chain, sprockets, sparkplug, oil, oilfilter...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
My shoe size is 10.5 as well. I use the wider pegs but do not have much issue with shifting lever aside from the thought that it would likely bend if you fell. Before we narrowed down some folding lever options, I went and cut mine up to make some changes. If you have a welder and some time, this can be a fun project. Every so once in a while the lever will get folded back in rough brush but it is easy to re-align with your foot while you are still rolling. The odd thing that bothered me was catching the 'heel seam' of my right boot on the brake-rod pivot arm when 'rocking' that foot to apply braking pressure to the pedal. I had to make a little guard out of an aluminium can. Here is a couple of shots of the shift lever. Gerry

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
Thanks may stick with stockers until yours are on market and/or someone actually rolls with your thought which makes total sense and one of the most needed cheap mod, yet not there with perfection with aftermarket.

Non the less thanks for responding!

I'm not one into modifying the TW much, However, I can tell you I'm very happy with the wider footpegs. I was satisfied with the original footpegs and didn't think there was a need to change, but did anyway. Although, as you mention, there is a little getting use to the larger pegs when it comes to shifting and braking, I got use to moving my feet a little, size 10, and in my opinion, well worth the 20 bucks I paid. The larger footpegs are much more comfortable in the normal riding position, plus, when I have to stand up when going over bumps and the like, the larger pegs make it easier and more stable when in the standing position.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankyou gentlemen. Can't hurt to order them as many of you seem to enjoy them. I can always switch back. Thanks again.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was wonder how much more they stick out from the bike than the stock ones?

That is the D2Motto pegs.

Do D2Motto have only one size?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
This pic shows the relative size difference.

I used most of the original right peg to enlarge the brake pedal.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was wonder how much more they stick out from the bike than the stock ones?

That is the D2Motto pegs.

Do D2Motto have only one size?

This old post has some pics which will give you an idea of the difference in size and length (sorry, but the keywords from my forum search were automatically highlighted yellow): http://tw200forum.co...rch__1#entry945

From the pics I've seen of the original D2Moto pegs and the ones currently available by other vendors, the black STEEL pegs (some vendors sell aluminum) from China, and frequently available on eBay, appear to be from the same manufacturer : if you look at the photos, you can see the letter B and 3 molded into the metal casting of the left peg, and A / 3 molded into the right peg. I haven't seen any offerings of different sizes--- they all seem to be the same.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mudpuppy, your post was the drive to get me to purchase a set of those pegs. Even with your comparison picture though, they do seem quite a bit larger than I imagined, and I mean that as a good thing. Also, I was worried that these were going to be some kind of low quality pot metal, but they are heave and seem very sturdy.

I haven't installed them on the bike yet since the bike sits in an 8'x8' shed in my yard, but as soon as my brother-in-law helps me bring it in the house, these pegs are going on.

Dan

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
Thumbs up to Mudpuppy for posting those pictures of the foot-pegs. Pictures always help so much and were what convinced me to get them. Can't remember if I mentioned this in my Bender Creek RR, but this was the first ride I went on with the larger foot-pegs. They did great. I tipped over, fell over, hit things with the pegs, all without damage. And it was fairly muddy, and I felt much more secure, as well as can be when riding off-road!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hey Guys,

Picked up a set of these pegs from carmwes (super guy, thanks ! ) and installed them on D's bike this evening. Took about 15 minutes even with drilling the spring hole. I agree that they are well made and a quality metal.

They fit nice, and work well, and they are certainly larger! Not sure I want to put a set on my bike or not though just because of how far out they reach. I'm vertically challenged (28 inch inseam) and the pegs hit the inside of my legs when sitting still with both feet planted. Pretty sure D will never know they are there.... (37 inch inseam)

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there for consideration.

Bag

·
Registered
572 Posts
If you ride offroad the wider pegs will make it more comfortable to stand on the pegs in the rough stuff. I had to stand on my pegs for about 5 hrs in Baja.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I just put a set of these on today. $18.99 including shipping from China. They only took 7 days from them getting my money to me getting the parts. They look and fit pretty good too!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hey All,

Thought I would post this pic for those that have not seen the upgrade pegs. These are two identical 06 TWs, Diana's (on the left) has the Chinese pegs, and mine (on right) has the stockers. The bikes are side by side, both resting on the sidestands. Pretty significant differance!

Bag

1 - 18 of 18 Posts