TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
controller.JPG

A while back I posted this picture showing my homemade handlebar risers/offsets I made. It worked out good but I really wanted it made out of corrosion resistant materials. A piece of aluminum and stainless became available at work, some left overs from an old project. Here is the revised version.

risers.JPG

I have also seen posts of the infamous tool tubes but didn't really see a purpose for it for me, until I almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere and was totally lost. I now have one with an MSR fuel bottle for a little extra reserve.

tool tube.JPG mount.JPG

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice . When they going on sale

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Nice! I might be interested in a set of the risers with the spot for the grips controller if you decide to make some more. Could we see some more pics of the tool tube mount please.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
upgrades 001.JPG Here is the rear mount, just a piece of flat stock about 1-1/4" wide with 2, 11/32" bolt holes for the tube mounting bolts and a hole for the turn signal to go through. Don't remember the drill size I used for the signal stud. Maybe 15/32"?

upgrades 005.JPG Under the fender of the rear mount.

upgrades 002.JPG Here is the front mount, another piece of 1-1/4" flat stock that I put a an offset bend to it to get the front of the tube under the fender a little. Drilled an 11/32" bolt hole for the tube and a 1/4" hole for the 6mm bolt that holds the subframe. I bought a longer 6mm bolt for this.

upgrades 004.JPG Under the fender picture of the front mount.

rbm, as for building more of the risers, I built the riser on my lunch hour and also stayed after work to use the equipment. I don't have a milling machine at home, otherwise I would be willing to make some up. I'm on vacation this week but when I get back to work I'll see if I can find the print, maybe you could find someone locally to build one.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
riser 1.jpg riser 2.jpg

Prints of my risers. Different 8mm bolts, 2 nuts, and washers will also have to be purchased. I don't recall what lengths I used but I ordered stainless steel through Bolt Depot. If someone can't figure out what to order, I can pull them of from mine and measure. Send me a PM if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts