TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Urals don't have the best reputations for quality and durability...just FYI if you didn't know.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I am an old sidecar/hack rider and I have always looked at these whenever I see one or at a motorcycle show; but everytime I check them out; the quality just isn't there. Last year at the bike show in town; I took another look. I bent down to look at some chrome work; and it was so thin; that I knew that part would have rusted overnight if I left it outside. Again...:mad:...that was all I needed to see; I walked away within 3 seconds. Not good enough yet!!! Plus they seem to break down a lot and I want to ride; not work on the bike. Maybe in 20 more years' they'll get it. :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
That has got to be a '97, at least if the choice is '97 vs. '17. Look at the opacity of the indicator lenses, and the surface rust. Urals aren't perfect, but they aren't quite that rough straight from the factory!

Urals have a unique charm, I'm particularly susceptible to it myself, but like LT I'm not satisfied with the build quality. A Ural requires storage space, mechanical skill, and patience that I don't have at the moment.

Too bad Honda or Yamaha doesn't make a 2WD dualsport hack...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I admit the concept of the Ural is an intriguing one, but yea, unless I were rich enough to afford one as a novel conversation piece...

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
158 Posts
I can ask my buddy what year for sure but I think it was around 2006 when they made a ton of improvements and upgrades.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
I see them every once in a while. There is a dealership fairly close by and I went in there just to look. Some are one wheel drive and some you can shift into 2 wheel drive for the bad roads. They say the 2 w.d. ones will go anywhere. I have never seen one broken down by the side of the road. Hopefully that is a good sign.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts