TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a Hummer in 1973 , In 1978 I had and built this 1956 K-Model . Guess I'm Bragging to the young Guys out there But I sure hope you older guys will show us what you have had through the years of Riding and Building Motorcycles . Can't wait to see them - Motorbike1956. image.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'll try to find a couple but they are not going to be as neat as that one. (Hodaka, BSA Starfire, KZ400) I had some cool cars that I will try to post also. (1970 Mustang, 1970 Chevelle, 1976 Firebird) There is a picture of Gerry floating around somewhere that is pretty neat!

By the way, I know a couple of Hell's Angels that would have been scared of you.;)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Sweet Beezah, I miss my '69 Thunderbolt.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
So I had a Hummer in 1973 , In 1978 I had and built this 1956 K-Model . Guess I'm Bragging to the young Guys out there But I sure hope you older guys will show us what you have had through the years of Riding and Building Motorcycles . Can't wait to see them - Motorbike1956. View attachment 8822
Hippie with bell bottoms is that a 22 inch tire in front?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
That's a great picture Mark!

The only old bike/old pics that I have are the ones that I already posted in your other thread ( http://tw200forum.com/forum/other-bikes/11780-my-new-ride-owned-82-year-old-owner-bought-1951-a.html ). Here is a repost of one of them, the 1948 Harley-Davidson that I bought when I was 18.

1948 Harley-Davidson.jpg

Here are some pics of some of the older bikes that I have owned more recently:

A 1966 Honda CL160 Scrambler (I had a red Honda 305 Scrambler (CL77) when I was in high school before I got the H-D above)

1966 Honda CL160 - Left Side 6-06.JPG

A 1971 Triumph Bonneville

100_2771.JPG

A 1976 Harley-Davidson SSX175cc dual sport that I bought new in 1977.

sx1.JPG

A 1977 Harley-Davidson Sportster that I bought around 1980 or so.

sp1.JPG

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Still got any of those bikes Brian?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmm.. man, I would have to dig out the photo boxes and start digging. I've had about 30 bikes and I probably don't have any pictures of about 20 or so. :( Shoot, I even had one bike for one day! I a Honda VT750 for $500 (the chrome tank one), and sold it the next day for $1,500. Then again, I owned one TWICE, for a total of about 16 years. A Suzuki GS1000GT that I bought for $100. My TW that I bought last week is my first "new" bike. :)

Reactions: r80rt

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Well, this will be a story about age! Harley 165, Harley 45, Harley 74( 1956 with the first hand clutch), 1942 Indian Chief, 1948 Indian Chief, Honda 165 Dream, Honda 305 Scrambler, Kawasaki 550 Limited, Kawasaki 1100 Limited, ZX10, CBR 600F2, 900 RR, Virago 750, Honda 1000 wing, Honda 1200 Goldwing, Honda 1500 Gold Wing, Kawasaki Triple, Honda 500 Silver wing, Various Honda 90's, Yamaha Route 66, Honda Pacific Coast (800). I know there are some that I have missed, and many of them were real favorites, but as one of my friends would say, unless you are sleeping with them they all have a price, and someone paid it on each and every one, except my current stock and they are not listed.
Mel

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Pretty impressive list of bikes, Mel!

There are a couple on your list that I hope to own someday. It would be cool to see some pics of you on some of the early ones but I understand they are probably either long lost or non-existent. Thanks for sharing.

Brian

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
What Mel isn't telling you guys is that way way back in his earlier riding days, he rode with Marlon Brando in the "The Wild One" in ol California. If you watch the movie, you might recognize him.

Reactions: TW-Brian

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
There might be a few on here who rode those small scooters with small tires, but there is nothing in the world that could throw you off the road into a patch of horse weeds, or slam you down into a muddy spot any quicker than those little wheels, poor steering dynamics, and ridged frames. And you wonder why us old coots love our TW's?
Mel

·
Registered
197 Posts
There might be a few on here who rode those small scooters with small tires, but there is nothing in the world that could throw you off the road into a patch of horse weeds, or slam you down into a muddy spot any quicker than those little wheels, poor steering dynamics, and ridged frames. And you wonder why us old coots love our TW's?
Mel
We were close enough to the ground that the falls were not traumatic. When our family gathers for a reunion we look at the pictures of us riding those things back in the 1950s and everyone is laughing. All of us have happy memories of those times. I just happened to remember one that was not so happy. I heard some yelling out in the yard and found one of the kids down in the rosebush. The others had rigged up a jump ramp and not paying attention he rode the jump and landed in the rose bush. Everyone thought it was funny except him.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I started riding about 47 or 48 years ago, not counting as a 2 year old passenger on my father's Indian.
In no particular order I have had (even if only for a day)...

Yamaha - GT80, RD350, DT360, DT125 and XV920R (this was a FAVORITE!)
Honda - CT70, Z50, CT90, S90, CL175, CB500-4, V65 Magna, VT750 (owned it 1 day!) and CB400 Hawk
Kawasaki - KE100, 350 Avenger (silly fast)
Suzuki - TS75, TS90, TC185 (actually 2 of them), GT380 (love the burbling sound of a triple, idling), GS1000E, 250 Quad Racer (got 2nd at the 1st Texas State Indoor Chamionship), PE175, DR250 (got 2nd in a 18 hour Enduro on this!)and a GS1000GT (this was my favorite. FAST, STABLE, ROCK SOLID and I bought it for $100)
Bultaco - 100 Lobito
Ducati - 125S Bronco (who says you can't ride a street bike off road???)
Harley Davidson - FLHTCU Ultra Classic (converted to StreetGlide), FLSTN Deluxe (wife's) and XL1200L Sportster (also wife's)

Now, they are all gone... been a few years.... and the "bug" has bit us AGAIN!

We bought a new 2013 TW200 last week and we're on the hunt for another.

One day, I may dig out the photo boxes and scan the photo's that have. Dang... has it been that long??? :dispirited:

Reactions: TW-Brian

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great Stories - Thanks Everybody - So I bought this one Sunday at a Swap Meet , Finally found out it was a Garelli . Now What To Do With It ? Thanks Again Motorbike1956 image.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts