TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered these off of etsy, and will be evaluating them during installation and after a bit of use! I love new parts!
Wood Automotive tire Gas Bumper Font

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've eyed up the same (or similar) one on eBay, but with 1, 2, or 3 aux switches along the top.

Been trying to determine how many switches I may want to utilize before ordering one.

Keep us posted on your install.

·
Registered
2021 TW
597 Posts
I ordered one of those. Looked really good,fit perfect, but didnt last long.Through use and abuse the arm that holds it to the dash light housing broke. Oh well,worked good while it lasted.
Seems the material just isnt stout enough. But your experience may be different than mine.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I ordered one of those. Looked really good,fit perfect, but didnt last long.Through use and abuse the arm that holds it to the dash light housing broke. Oh well,worked good while it lasted.
Seems the material just isnt stout enough. But your experience may be different than mine.
Same here loved it until it broke..... Replaced it...., Loved it agian .... Till it broke agian......

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The creator is/was on here. This looks sturdy, and thick, plus the 3m tape should do most of the holding. I am feeling that the frame is more for locating at this point. If/when it breaks i will evaluate then, however, it is 3d printed plastic, so i will be generous for what it is. We abuse our bikes too much to expect too much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Creator here. I offer a lifetime warranty for all the parts I make, I have had maybe 3 or so people reach out in the last 2 years to warranty their parts if they broke, but each time was due to a bad dump that also broke other parts of their bike. If anyone needs one replaced definitely reach out to me on the platform they purchased from. If the damage is due to an accident I will still send one, but I only ask you cover the cost of shipping ($4). Also it goes a long way if you can send me pics of the damaged part to help me improve the design. I could see there being damage if the double-sided 3M tape is not used. That is where 90% of the strength comes from when plugging in your USB cables. I have been running one on my bike for 3 years without any issues so far, and I have dumped it quite a bit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Creator here. I offer a lifetime warranty for all the parts I make, I have had maybe 3 or so people reach out in the last 2 years to warranty their parts if they broke, but each time was due to a bad dump that also broke other parts of their bike. If anyone needs one replaced definitely reach out to me on the platform they purchased from. If the damage is due to an accident I will still send one, but I only ask you cover the cost of shipping ($4). Also it goes a long way if you can send me pics of the damaged part to help me improve the design. I could see there being damage if the double-sided 3M tape is not used. That is where 90% of the strength comes from when plugging in your USB cables. I have been running one on my bike for 3 years without any issues so far, and I have dumped it quite a bit.
Sounds like great customer service!

This will be added to my list of future mods.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Do you have a list of what you produce and the cost. I am interested in the mods.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you have a list of what you produce and the cost. I am interested in the mods.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Forum member discounts? 😜

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've seen another seller of something similar online where the switch mounts below the indicator lights instead. I don't believe their design has a spot for the USB outlet, though. I bought one with the switches up top but the fit seems too tight with the Jimbo screen I've got on there.
Good to know. I have a Jimbo shield and have been wanting to get this. Do you have any pics of it installed on your bike?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts