TW200 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
That one looks like a good one that buellzebub has.
I couldnt get a link to work.
I ordered the Yonhan Quick Change 3.0 dual usb charger, upgraded version. $15.99 on amazon. Its got a digital number readout and a small on off push switch.
Fits perfect but will need a drop of silicone to hold it place. If I get motivated it may be todays project.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmmm, my switch mount came today and my Yonhan QC 3.0 socket is such a tight fit that I'm afraid I'll break the mount by forcing it in. If I twist the socket in, it is actually tapping the mount. Gonna break out a file/sand paper and see if I can get it to fit.

Salabim, you have a on/off switch on your Yonhan socket? Mine looks like post #1 but I don't have an on/off switch. Maybe I got the wrong socket?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes the one I ordered has a small push on/off on the right side of the display.
Bummer that the socket is a tight fit. The mount I got has the socket fitting a little loose and will need some kind of adhesive to keep it from coming out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got it to fit by filing both the socket and inside the mount just a little bit. I was surprised to see the socket body is metal. I didn't need to remove much at all from inside the mount, more like cleaned up any ridges but it sure made a difference. I see now that Amazon also carries a version of the Yonhan socket that has an on/off switch. I didn't notice that before and got the one without the switch. It's going on a relay anyway so I'll try the one I've got first.

Now where did I put that SPDT switch for my heated grips?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Without looking at a wiring map I would think the headlight could be a close source to tie into. But that depends on how much amps you plan on drawing.
A usb charger and volt meter for example wouldnt hurt anything.
Anything larger like lights or heated grips you would want a relay and or fuse to protect the wiring.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Look in the Search Community at the top of the page.
Search for Relay wiring 101 by jb882.
Its a great write up on this.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I found an unswitched and a switched 12 volt source behind the headlight unused. These were individual plugs and were in some sort of clear case so water didn't reach them. If I remember, I'll take a photo, but likely you'll find 'em. Just take a volt meter and start testing with the key off. Then with the key on.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts