TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Can't you just open the airbox up a bit temporarily? I haven't investigated but a ball valve rigged into it would be ideal. Just turn the valve when more air is needed and adjust for the best butt dyno adjustment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Can't you just open the airbox up a bit temporarily? I haven't investigated but a ball valve rigged into it would be ideal. Just turn the valve when more air is needed and adjust for the best butt dyno adjustment.
I have no idea but am curious about the answer...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I do know some people have drilled some holes in their air box for high altitudes and then tape them up for sea level. I would want to look for a more permanent solution though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone, new guy here. Looking into getting a tw200, a dealership not too far away has a 2019 model, about 4,000 miles, slight dent in the tank and a bent shifter. Besides the obvious defects, what should I be looking for regarding red flags or things I'll have to dump money into?

This will be my first bike, my wife and I were in Silverton, Colorado and saw dirt bikes on the alpine loop and the wheels started turning. One of our favorite activities is hitting the back roads and exploring what's around the next corner. I think doing this on a mule like the tw200 would be just about perfect. Looking forward to the journey.
Hello everyone, new guy here. Looking into getting a tw200, a dealership not too far away has a 2019 model, about 4,000 miles, slight dent in the tank and a bent shifter. Besides the obvious defects, what should I be looking for regarding red flags or things I'll have to dump money into?

This will be my first bike, my wife and I were in Silverton, Colorado and saw dirt bikes on the alpine loop and the wheels started turning. One of our favorite activities is hitting the back roads and exploring what's around the next corner. I think doing this on a mule like the tw200 would be just about perfect. Looking forward to the journey.
2005 around 2500 miles several pairs of tires lots of custom work most parts are OEM Yamaha parts from different years and models performs like a 350 cc to 400 cc Basically stock engine one up camshaft and springs larger jets in carburetor exhaust pipe and air box mod. Too many mods to list . Possibly for sale. [email protected]
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Plant Vehicle Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
20 Posts
2005 around 2500 miles several pairs of tires lots of custom work most parts are OEM Yamaha parts from different years and models performs like a 350 cc to 400 cc Basically stock engine one up camshaft and springs larger jets in carburetor exhaust pipe and air box mod. Too many mods to list . Possibly for sale. [email protected]
View attachment 221665
View attachment 221668

View attachment 221666

View attachment 221664
I also have every original parts and many extras some still in package

·
Registered
567 Posts
Home of the Tigers, Braum's, Jason White, and 3 stop lights... know it well.
Braum's.... I miss Braum's & Tulsa's Coney I-Lander..... other than that, OK is too hot and flat for my taste; lived there 32 years. Ya'll are going to love your TW's don't overthink it too much, just get out and have fun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Braum's.... I miss Braum's & Tulsa's Coney I-Lander..... other than that, OK is too hot and flat for my taste; lived there 32 years. Ya'll are going to love your TW's don't overthink it too much, just get out and have fun.

Lived here my whole life. Our son is grown now and I have a feeling we'll be headed out west one of these days. If anything, stay gone during the summer. All of our family, for the most part, live here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You mentioned that you had been to Silverton, so I know you have seen this yourself. The trails (and the town’s side streets) are loaded with very fine dust, and the summer climate is very dry … the dust hangs in the air when people ride by, and gets into everything. I am not a fan of opening up an airbox in that environment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
You mentioned that you had been to Silverton, so I know you have seen this yourself. The trails (and the town’s side streets) are loaded with very fine dust, and the summer climate is very dry … the dust hangs in the air when people ride by, and gets into everything. I am not a fan of opening up an airbox in that environment.
Yes, good point. I liked how they wet down the streets every night to tamp the dust factor down.

A bit of a side thought...any of you guys been there in the winter? I really loved how quiet that place was at night. Can't imagine how nice that must be when the visitors thin out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, good point. I liked how they wet down the streets every night to tamp the dust factor down.

A bit of a side thought...any of you guys been there in the winter? I really loved how quiet that place was at night. Can't imagine how nice that must be when the visitors thin out.
Yes, been in the area in the winter, but avoided Silverton mostly. Average annual snowfall there is 162 inches per year. Shops an restaurants close in the off season when the Durango to Silverton narrow gauge train stops it’s scheduled runs. With Molas Pass to the south and Red Mountain Pass to the north, there are times when the gates across Highway 550 come down and you can’t leave Silverton.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Yes, been in the area in the winter, but avoided Silverton mostly. Average annual snowfall there is 162 inches per year. Shops an restaurants close in the off season when the Durango to Silverton narrow gauge train stops it’s scheduled runs. With Molas Pass to the south and Red Mountain Pass to the north, there are times when the gates across Highway 550 come down and you can’t leave Silverton.

Yeah that's how we imagined it. We've been curious to see how being in a "snowed in" place all winter would feel. I don't really care for the shops and tourist aspect of the place, so I'm guessing being there in the winter would be as close as you could get to the old days in that town.

·
Registered
2003 BMW 1200LT
13 Posts
Yeah that's how we imagined it. We've been curious to see how being in a "snowed in" place all winter would feel. I don't really care for the shops and tourist aspect of the place, so I'm guessing being there in the winter would be as close as you could get to the old days in that town.
Hey Aaron ;), I've been a lurker here for awhile, keep going back and forth on trying to get one of these. I currently have a K1200LT tour bike and love it but my left knee has been getting progressively more grumpy about all the weight at slow speed or stopped and the occasional off-plumb incidents, lol, no dropping just gettin 'er back up top. I have been busy the last few months with work so I just now got back on the idea of getting a tw200 and went to Marketplace and it looked like all the inflation landed in the prices for these bikes, lol, wow. Trying to figure out whether to just sell the bike or swap but I've never sold or bought a bike except to a trusted friend or a trade-in at a dealer so I have some issues to solve :). I live in Yukon so maybe we can figure this out similarly, lol. I really want to get back to the Ouray area (saw you guys talking about Silverton), we have dragged our 4x4 jeeps up there for 20 years and I want to see if I can get a bike over those peaks one more time before it gets too hard, lol. Good luck, hope we can stay in touch. Right now I right with a gang of geezer BMWers out of Eurotek dealership down on I-40 close to Whitewater.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hey Aaron ;), I've been a lurker here for awhile, keep going back and forth on trying to get one of these. I currently have a K1200LT tour bike and love it but my left knee has been getting progressively more grumpy about all the weight at slow speed or stopped and the occasional off-plumb incidents, lol, no dropping just gettin 'er back up top. I have been busy the last few months with work so I just now got back on the idea of getting a tw200 and went to Marketplace and it looked like all the inflation landed in the prices for these bikes, lol, wow. Trying to figure out whether to just sell the bike or swap but I've never sold or bought a bike except to a trusted friend or a trade-in at a dealer so I have some issues to solve :). I live in Yukon so maybe we can figure this out similarly, lol. I really want to get back to the Ouray area (saw you guys talking about Silverton), we have dragged our 4x4 jeeps up there for 20 years and I want to see if I can get a bike over those peaks one more time before it gets too hard, lol. Good luck, hope we can stay in touch. Right now I right with a gang of geezer BMWers out of Eurotek dealership down on I-40 close to Whitewater.
Another Okie! I was looking at a KLR650 from Eurotek before I decided to go with the tw200.
20 years, that's amazing. Something magical about that area...between that and Creede it seems rugged enough and enough BLM land to keep the full time population at bay.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts