1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The front lights have three wires . Just leave the constant on "hot" wire unplugged . I done this when I added blackout switches
I'm not sure why there are three on the stock setup. But yeah, what he said. Hook up the ground wire, and then attach the other wire to [black i think] wire for lights usually on when running, or [green or brown i think depending on which side] for the light to not be on when running. Just wire it up to whichever you prefer and throw a wire nut at the other one. Don't quote me on the colors though, i don't remember which is which, but the hot wire and ground are the same color on both sides and the non- running lights hot wire is a different color for each side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not a firm believer in disabling the front running lights. I actually wish that all bikes that are meant for the street came with rear red running lights also. Any defense we have against people in cages (people in cars) is better than nothing at all. On all my street bikes that have a separate two head light bulbs, I replace one bulb with a Halo Automotive Solaris Yellow Halogen Bulb. In California you can ride your motorcycle on the street with the high beam(s) on. The yellow bulb stands out and on coming traffic can see you. I also have a flashing rear brake lights on all my bikes. Some of these bulbs might not be legal in your state, but I ride a motorcycle to work everyday @35mi each way. I have never been pulled over for an "inappropriate light bulb violation". And I would rather live than die so I will take my chances with the law.

Thanks and have a very nice day :)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
California and Nova Scotia are two VERY different places.:p Same for Idaho. I pulled the always on turn signal wires out of the connectors behind the headlight years ago to save battery juice when idling along trails. I can't conceive of a LEO pulling me over for this when we routinely see non street legal bikes on our streets and highways all the time. ATV's too! Not for any great distances, though, and certainly not on the Interstates, to be sure. But then, our ENTIRE state has only a bit more population than Sacramento. We got more sheep and cows than people.

Land of the free and home of the brave is not a cliché here! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts