TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

UTAH Trip

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  old mad max 
#1 ·
Thanks to all who have provided information about St. George and Moab Adventure Riding. We are leaving Saturday morning and should get to the St.George area Sunday afternoon. We are going to hang around this part of Utah for about a week and ride some of the areas that B-Dub and Red Rock Rider recommended. We will be staying in the back country as we have self-contained rigs.

We will be heading to Moab the week after. I expect that we will be camping off highway #313. There is a big jeep get together that first week so that might be interesting to see all the goings on. I bought a book titled”ATV Trails Guide MOAB, UT” that was recommended by forum members and in it are more trails than we can do in the allotted time we have.

My riding partner has to head back to Idaho the 1st of April but 2 guys from Indiana have said they are coming out for a week then so I can hook up with them for the week they are out here and have more Adventures.

If any others are going to be in the area, and want to hook up, let me know. I would happy for more folks on this big Adventure. All who are scheduled to meet are TW200 riders but we will ride with any back country riders.

Happy Trails All

ronhbr@cableone.net

Ron in Boise
[/b]

See less See more
#15 ·
Admiral........................ My wife and I just retired a month ago............ We went on 4 middle of the week snowmobile trips up north........ She put on the most mile in one season ever...........

We are going to take the camper with the dubs in the back and travel a lot........ (o; After all you work all your life for this right... I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo stoked. OMM.

#4 ·
Ron the wait is killing me! The tdub and i are ready to go now! The latitude 40 maps came in the other day. I got the east and west moab maps and they are really detailed with all the trails, elevations etc. If all goes well we should be there around 3-6pm on the 31 "Easter".

#7 ·
Ron, glad you got the book, its very helpful.

Try to get a schedule for the trails being ran during Easter Jeep Safari. The Red Rock 4x4 club closes certain trails every day for that event. This schedule might help you plan your trip and avoid a trail closure.

Actually, I think their website has the info: http://www.rr4w.com/

Have a blast! I can't wait to get back to MOAB!

Bikes are great in Moab! They are much easier to take through trails than 4x4's. Here's my Samurai on a sketchy obstacle called "No Left Turn" on the Rusty Nail Trail.

And here is how easy a T-dub can skate through it!

#9 ·
Yes, Rusty Nail is way fun! We ran both directions that day. Going the other way was a little easier than coming back...
The other obstacle near this one is called Riff Raff I believe. That was a little challenging on the bikes. We were walking them down, hopping boulder to boulder. Still, it was awesome. I think T-dubs are fantastic bike to have in Moab.

#12 ·
I rode with Ron and Larry on Saturday. They had spent the week previous riding around the area while I was stuck at work. We rode up over Smith's Mesa. There was a headwind that was "a mite fresh" to the guys from the north country, and mighty chilly to the old desert rat (me). Ron had seen the video of the Red Bull Rampage held on the south slope of Smith's and wanted to check it out. So, after we made the loop over Smith's we rode around and eventually found the location. One of the trails comes off the point between Ron and Larry, and about half way up.

It was great to get to meet and ride with Ron and Larry. They are nice guys. I'm glad they enjoyed their time in southwest Utah. They are in Moab now, having a blast, I'm sure. I hope they share some pictures when they get home.

#13 ·
Hi B-dub, Glad you got to meet Ron and Larry. So much is missed by not meeting them in person. I've learned or been exposed to ton of experience from these guy's and enjoy their company. Looks like they're have a pile of fun. Looking forward to their return and hitting some trails around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.