TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service manual I received with my TW200V does not give the valve adjustment clearances. There is a note saying this has to be done by the dealer. I have always done my own adjusting in the past. Is there something special about the TW that prevents me from doing the valve adjustment?

What is the spacing supposed to be? .001 In.?

Also what is the significance of the V part of the model TW200?

Any help much appreciated. This is my first experience with Yamaha.

·
Registered
20,207 Posts
All your questions are well answered by "Similar Threads" links on bottom of this web page.
Whether or not you re-use o-ring seals on valve cover gaskets be careful to not over tighten covers. New o-rings and very, very little torque prevent leaks or damaged retaining bolts.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Intake .05-.09mm or .002-.004in

Exhaust .11-.15mm or .004-.006in

·
Registered
470 Posts
Fielding, here is a link to a page here where you can download the service manual and the service manual supplement fore 2001 and newer models. I don't remember what year you ride, but I recall the valve clearances being different for the old and new models.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-write-ups/70-service-repair-manuals.html

To find TDC it is easiest to take off the timing chain cover on the left side, top of the engine and align the mark on the cam sprocket to the "bump" cast into the head. The "bump" is roughly at the 12 o'clock position.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intake .05-.09mm or .002-.004in

Exhaust .11-.15mm or .004-.006in

Thanks. I did find the online service manual. It's more complete than the one I have. I am going to adjust the valves sometime this week, I can hear them clicking a little. Maybe I will do the cam chain at the same time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fielding, here is a link to a page here where you can download the service manual and the service manual supplement fore 2001 and newer models. I don't remember what year you ride, but I recall the valve clearances being different for the old and new models.

To find TDC it is easiest to take off the timing chain cover on the left side, top of the engine and align the mark on the cam sprocket to the "bump" cast into the head. The "bump" is roughly at the 12 o'clock position.

Good advice. I'll see what I can do with it. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts

That repair manual download link leads me to here https://www.mediafire.com/?34muedntyxz Which refuses to download anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
I'm not sure this will work, but I downloaded the manual's. If you pm me your email address, I can try to email you a copy. Not sure this will work due to file size, but maybe I can figure out the whole zip file thing. If someone know's a good way to email large files, let me know as I know different carriers have different email file size limitations.

I have the main, supplemental, and owners manual.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
I'm not sure this will work, but I downloaded the manual's. If you pm me your email address, I can try to email you a copy. Not sure this will work due to file size, but maybe I can figure out the whole zip file thing. If someone know's a good way to email large files, let me know as I know different carriers have different email file size limitations.

I have the main, supplemental, and owners manual.

You are a good man sir!! :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
How much do I need to spend on a torque wrench to torque the valve nut? I have a 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrench. Does anyone have a favorite wrench for torquing the lighter torques. Links Please.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
How much do I need to spend on a torque wrench to torque the valve nut? I have a 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrench. Does anyone have a favorite wrench for torquing the lighter torques. Links Please.
I've had good results with the Harbor Freight torque wrenches. They have a 1/4" drive in IN-LBS. to round out your set. They're often on sale for $9.99.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts