TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything special about these darn things that they cost $7 bucks each?

I was going to order a couple yamaha ones then try to match them up with some from the automotive shop

or the hardware store.

Does it have to be a special rubber or something since its on a hot motor?

Thanks for any guidance.

Igofar

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Is there anything special about these darn things that they cost $7 bucks each?

I was going to order a couple yamaha ones then try to match them up with some from the automotive shop

or the hardware store.

Does it have to be a special rubber or something since its on a hot motor?

Thanks for any guidance.

Igofar

I replaced mine with some that I got from a Plumbing Supply store...$0.60 each and they work fine, no seepage or leaking whatsoever.

Go for neoprene instead of rubber if you have the choice.

·
Registered
279 Posts
When I change the oil I place all the o-rings in a cup of PB Blaster and let them soak. Their label reads "PB restores life to "O" rings and rubber seals." It's worked for me.

**Igofar & Elime: PM me so we can meet for eats and I'll let you try my avatar tip**

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I replaced mine with some that I got from a Plumbing Supply store...$0.60 each and they work fine, no seepage or leaking whatsoever.

Go for neoprene instead of rubber if you have the choice.

I should also add: Do NOT overtighten the bolts that hold the covers in place! The threads in there are made of butter or something equally soft and they strip VERY easily!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
go to any industrial seal place and match them up. I've used several different materials and they all start leaking after 5-6000 miles because the heat makes them take a set. I bought 20 sets for about $25 and figure I have a lifetime supply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts