TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all TW enthusiasts. I have been reading these forums for a couple years now. I have recently got into the TW more than ever so decided it was time to start contributing to this great forum that and I do have a queestion. I owned a 1990 tw for a couple years and loved it. I recently sold that and purchased a real nice low mile 2009. Ill p[ost pics soon. My question today is. I recently took off the left side cover on my new 2009 to check and replace the air filter element. I found a sticker on the back of the left side cover with all kinds of specs. What I noticed was there was a spec for " valve lash" it had measurements for intake "in" and "ex" exhaust but the thing is the yamaha sticker says intake 0.05-0.09 exhaust 0.11-0.15 it is in metric mm. I remember on my 1990 I had them adjusted to .004-.006 and .002-.004 but i think that was inches? hmm maybe I have answered my own question. Well Ill post this anyway what do you guys do ? Has anyone ever noticed this sticker with specs? THanks alot

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
woops I guess I should have done a more thourough search of the archives someone already discussed this topic thanks anyway

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi all TW enthusiasts. I have been reading these forums for a couple years now. I have recently got into the TW more than ever so decided it was time to start contributing to this great forum that and I do have a queestion. I owned a 1990 tw for a couple years and loved it. I recently sold that and purchased a real nice low mile 2009. Ill p[ost pics soon. My question today is. I recently took off the left side cover on my new 2009 to check and replace the air filter element. I found a sticker on the back of the left side cover with all kinds of specs. What I noticed was there was a spec for " valve lash" it had measurements for intake "in" and "ex" exhaust but the thing is the yamaha sticker says intake 0.05-0.09 exhaust 0.11-0.15 it is in metric mm. I remember on my 1990 I had them adjusted to .004-.006 and .002-.004 but i think that was inches? hmm maybe I have answered my own question. Well Ill post this anyway what do you guys do ? Has anyone ever noticed this sticker with specs? THanks alot
Stop tinkering with things that aren't broken. Ride it hard and you'll have plenty to fix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts