TW200 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you took off every post on carb issues this site would be empty. That says it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Rode my 2019 Van Van 200 Home from the dealer yesterday. I traded my 2015 Honda Grom in on the VV. I have owned a couple TW's and also a couple Groms so with the VV having FI and a nice seat wanted to try one for awhile. First impression after 30 miles is much more room over the Grom and a bit more power/speed on the VV. Seat on the VV makes it way more comfy over the TW and the less aggressive tires on the VV are not as harsh with speeds very close.. I recall hitting 72 on my TW and I did that yesterday on the VV. Good first impression from the VV build quality. If anyone is considering a purchase of a TW or a Van Van and is on the fence about which one to buy go for the best deal $$$ wise as they are both capable. I prefer the slightly more street orientation of the Van Van with the much better seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The VanVan's factory tires are not quite as aggressive as the TW's. Also it comes to you with a stressed member engine in stock form. There is a accessory guard/brace that can be easily bolted on.

The VanVan is awesome on paved roads. I suspect it will do perfectly fine on trails, fire roads, beaches and other non-technical terrain. I just haven't had mine long enough to explore all these possibilities yet. Not planning on bouncing it down stone washes, multiple jumps or similar. That's what TW's are for. :)

It's a great run-around, comfy and easy to drive. Yes, it was discontinued stateside. However I am pretty sure it's still going strong with it's 125 sibling in Europe. There just isn't any good marketing here to attract the 20-somethings to riding, much less solid basic transport like the VV.

The cycle companies REALLY need to hang out in Hollywood and be in communication with Netflix/Hulu/Disney/etc production companies. Figure out which forthcoming shows could use one or two of the main characters on cycles and then provide them. Could you IMAGINE the sales if Disney had one of their driving age teen characters commuting between scenes on a funky VV, Honda Rebel, Grom or similar? Pontiac learned this lesson decades ago with staggering sales of the TransAm that went with Smokey and the Bandit AND Knight Rider.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Fuel injection far more reliable than carbs and don’t require l”tweaking” That’s just a simple fact. Some folks like to fuss on theys rides. Some prefer to ride. Do Luddites also install points ignition systems? Now there’s something you can fix on the trail. Can’t fix your electronic ignition. And my goodness, the hours a Luddite could spend maintaining the perfect timing. Makes no sense to me but to each thier own. I have actually been paid to restore points ignition on Airheads. Both times I also got paid later to re install electronic ignition. Really not that satisfying was the response.
how easy is it to start a FI engine with a dead battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, like a carb you jump it or throw a (hopefully new) battery in. If the old battery has some at least some power, you can push start/pop the clutch. However,it is far more difficult than doing this to a carbed engine. Took at least 10 tries before I managed it when my daughter drained the battery on me. I've done carbed engines usually in 2-3 tries.

That said, if you preemptively change your 4 year old battery (and get your kid used to a clutch) you shouldn't have a problem with the battery. If I was that worried about it, they make beautiful SMALL jump boxes that can be added to my travel pack. Which I would consider if I was deep in the trails somewhere away from roads and traffic. But it'd be on the list after emergency fuel, some water, a tire patch kit and a gps.

Here's an example....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts