TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119i-Registration_App_Instructions.pdf

OK this part under "Vermont Titles" is very strange and it seems to run counter to the OP:

Vermont titles only vehicles that are 15 years old or NEWER based on calendar year. From 1/1/2014–12/31/2014

Vermont will title all vehicles with model year 2000 or NEWER.

All Titles(except ATV) = $33.00, ATV Titles = $20.00. Lien fee = $10.00.

The State of Vermont does NOT issue titles for the following:

Trailers with empty weight of 1,500 lbs or less

Motorcycles with engine size SMALLER than 300 cc’s.

ATV’s whose model year is prior to 2004, or customer
resides in a non-titling state.

Motor-driven cycle

Tractors with a loaded weight of 6,099 lbs. or less

Road making appliances (call the Montpelier office for
details)

·
Registered
1 Posts
http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119i-Registration_App_Instructions.pdf

OK this part under "Vermont Titles" is very strange and it seems to run counter to the OP:

Vermont titles only vehicles that are 15 years old or NEWER based on calendar year. From 1/1/2014–12/31/2014

Vermont will title all vehicles with model year 2000 or NEWER.

All Titles(except ATV) = $33.00, ATV Titles = $20.00. Lien fee = $10.00.

The State of Vermont does NOT issue titles for the following:

Trailers with empty weight of 1,500 lbs or less

Motorcycles with engine size SMALLER than 300 cc’s.

ATV’s whose model year is prior to 2004, or customer
resides in a non-titling state.

Motor-driven cycle

Tractors with a loaded weight of 6,099 lbs. or less

Road making appliances (call the Montpelier office for
details)

This is exactly why I am here. I'm so confused.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They will register any bike over 15 yrs old and under 300cc without a title and with an out of state address. I'm currently riding my 93 in phila with a Vermont tag and its perfectly legal if I get stopped. I haven't tried transferring it to pa yet but from what others say your state will issue you a title so they can transfer registration. Im going to try soon but I'm fine with the Vermont plate. I doubt I'll be selling it anyway. Which I would want a title if I decided to .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
553 Posts
Any forum members from VT? I'm looking to buy a couple of TWs off a forum member to ride around the US for a few months.

I need the VT address to get insurance, then just to use as a reference for transferring the rego (going to do it in person, at a DMV in VT).

Can anyone assist?

Thanks, Rob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if this is still how Vermont works. If so I'm going to tag my tw asap I bought it in Georgia got a title and lost it before I put it in my name . I live in md and have basically rendered my tw useless.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you were in California, and lost that title, you could apply for a lost title transfer, providing you could find the previous owner. I really suspect their have been some signatures forged on a few of those documents on the precious owners line! I have never done that, but I hear it has been done.
Mel

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Does anyone know if this is still how Vermont works. If so I'm going to tag my tw asap I bought it in Georgia got a title and lost it before I put it in my name . I live in md and have basically rendered my tw useless.
VT should work for you, search for the thread on ADV and read it, there's alot of good information there. Also, I called them regarding a TW I was looking at a while back, they are very helpful over the phone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well i talked to VT they didn't have an issue with anything except said I need a bill of sale from the original owner and a copy of they last registration. That, at this point is an impossible feat. I don't K ow what to do now. Rotten luck I guess.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts