TW200 Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I applied for my VT registration back in the middle of December and received it about a week ago. No problems!! I called to check on it after the first of the year. They told me they were running behind, I think due to the holidays.
I downloaded the application form from their website, filled out what I could and called them to verify that I had it right and to get the amount of taxes due. Sent them the completed form, a personal check, and the bill of sale. Easy easy.
I am not far enough along with my build to try transferring it to Alabama. I will have to take the bike in for them to verify the VIN. I hope it goes as well as the VT registration did.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Lost my Vermont plate (fell off the BW200 darn it) and thought "now what" (I live in NY).
Applied for a replacement and within 3 weeks in the mail it came, $12.00.
Very efficient and helpful DMV up there in VT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tw owner here who picked up 1994 DR 350SE as a project bike. Checked VIN before purchase, no issues with it being stolen. I have a bill of sale with all necessary information. After looking at the Vermont site it appears that any motorcycle over 15 years qualifies, but someone mentioned earlier in the thread that bikes over 300cc would need to have the VIN inspected by the police. Has anyone attempted to register a 300cc plus bike that could confirm this? I would much rather go the Vermont route than deal with the courts in Georgia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I applied for my VT registration back in the middle of December and received it about a week ago. No problems!! I called to check on it after the first of the year. They told me they were running behind, I think due to the holidays.
I downloaded the application form from their website, filled out what I could and called them to verify that I had it right and to get the amount of taxes due. Sent them the completed form, a personal check, and the bill of sale. Easy easy.
I am not far enough along with my build to try transferring it to Alabama. I will have to take the bike in for them to verify the VIN. I hope it goes as well as the VT registration did.
so
what size was your bike? you didnt need vin check for vermont?

·
Registered
39 Posts
TW200.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts