1,427 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Now you did it.
I resisted buying the first time I saw these posted here...
But now you made me place my order.
All your fault!

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Can someone please post up the exact page those are on for me? I was telling Flathat about those... He was going to take a peek at those...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I bought some last time they were posted on this forum and they work great. I didn't like how they just sat there with no shape so lined each side with a kitty litter/detergent square plastic bucket which fit inside perfectly! I figure if I break one just get another....nice and cheap.....(just like most TW owners....:D)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use dry bags too. I have a large one that i would strap on my back seat when I did long distance touring, a bunch of us bought them at a BMW rally one summer. I have a few smaller ones for other uses too. these Versa pak bags are called 'water resistant' and they have a liner, but dry bags would be a sure bet.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I like to use the smaller roll top waterproof bags inside whatever bags I am using.
Various size & color inner bags makes it easy to keep things separate.
This way the panniers or saddlebags can stay on the bike all muddy and I just pull out the inner roll top bags that are nice and clean even if a bit wet on the outside if the outer bag was soaked.

·
Registered
545 Posts
well...after reading about them here I decided to get a set...$20 is pretty cheap even if they don't work...so I bought 2. Here are a couple pics to show how they fit, not permanent yet just slung over. I still need the Cyclerack bag pieces.. View attachment 31573 View attachment 31572
And where might someone find a set of these Versapack bags for $20?

OK I found them
I wonder what the green color looks like,
Either they look like a reasonable bag to use and not worry about snagging one on a branch,
Maybe Ill give it a whirl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts