TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Versys x300

Anyone else have one of theses? It’s gaining a cult following, somewhat like our beloved TWs.

I picked up a NOS 2017 ABS in July and have been riding the stew out of it! It will not go where the TW will go, and vice versa. It’s a small adventure bike and serves that niche well. I wouldn’t hesitate to ride it across the country on back roads or highways, only because highways are more fun to me. It can certainly do freeways. It will cruise at 75/80 mph all day, even though it sounds like I am ringing it’s neck.

One is reminded of its 296 cc power plant if you really want to go fast. It’s slow. The power is so smooth and even, I never feel the rush of acceleration unless I wind it up to 10-12k rpm. It redlines at 11, rev limiter cuts in around 12.5 I think.

It’s not fast especially when compared to larger motorcycles, about the same acceleration from 0-85 as my VW Golf 4 Cyl 1.8 turbo. I’ve seen 93 mph a couple times and only for a few seconds. It’s a ninja 300 engine, tuned and geared for adventure, so like the Ninja 300, it loves the high rpms!

Seat is horribly hard, otherwise a very comfortable upright riding position.

Gravel and fire service roads are no problem for the stock suspension and stock tires. Many, more experienced at off road trails riders put 50/50 tires on and tackle single track but that’s a stretch for me.

If anyone is searching for a small, nimble, street oriented bike that can do occasional off road, it’s a good choice. Not going to keep up with WR250R, CFR250L, or a DRZ400 off road, but will outshine any of those on pavement. I would highly recommend one for those looking for more street manners. It’s fun like the TW, and puts a smile on my face every time I take it for a spin.

Edit- and I can pick it up when it falls over. Lol

#GYG
'13 TW200 Memphis TN

A.T.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I sit on them at the dealer every so often but still too tall for me like a lot of bikes. I am tippy toed on my TW. I've been waiting many years for the manufacturers to fill this niche; I think I've pestered them enough they're finally listening.....lol
Thanks for the positive review :D

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Good write-up!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I've been a Kawasaki fan for a long time.
6 of them, starting in 1967...
If they made a TW200, I'd have one!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The 300 Versys X looks like exactly what I want in a motorcycle. I love the look, all day ergonomics, factory accessories, 17 liter tank with an efficient engine. I have absolutely no issue with the power as I can actually tour on a TW200 and be happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts